• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You've got to be kidding me!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've got to be kidding me!

Saw a spraytrailer loaded up with 50lb bags of 46-0-0 parked at some headed out cereals. Guys chuckin em into chem handler. Nutz or maybe not?

A long time ago, some Mennonites came up into the Kamsack, Swan River area, and started a liquid fertilizer sales outlet. At that time, all they were doing is slurrying 46-00-00 to make liquid nitrogen. They did the same for other fertilizers. It has been proven, that a split application of nitrogen gets you the most bang for your buck, so maybe the guy knows what he is doing or experimenting

Comment

Originally posted by Koldkanuck View Post
      A long time ago, some Mennonites came up into the Kamsack, Swan River area, and started a liquid fertilizer sales outlet. At that time, all they were doing is slurrying 46-00-00 to make liquid nitrogen. They did the same for other fertilizers. It has been proven, that a split application of nitrogen gets you the most bang for your buck, so maybe the guy knows what he is doing or experimenting
      These guys looked like Mennonites parked at huts. Holy Crosses hangin from mirrors n all. Could have come from another hut colony too, but no suspenders lol.

Comment

Hmmm. I have heard of lots of guys shooting in a bit of liquid fert with each fill. It turns up the heat a bit and brings in that extra N. Never heard of granular though. Sounds like a spinning tub of mess.

Hope that was not on the hutts lodged wheat!

Comment

Hutts apply too much commercial fert or lodged because of livestock poop?

Comment

Interesting article by Ross Mckenzie on grainews website on applying liquid nitrogen on crops. Most interesting point was that if you apply 20lbs actual(the maximum you can apply without burning crop) best case scenario is for the plant to absorb 5%. He points out plants are not equipped to absorb nutrient through the leaves. So the plants absorb 1 lb per acre of nitrogen. If you are lucky and it rains after application up to 30-40% can absorbed by the roots due to the nitrogen being washed into the root zone. Articles like that confirm why I don't apply foliar fertilizer. Put it in the soil where the plant can use it. Have a good day:-)!

Comment

I think it would be pretty hard on the crop if it is hot and dry?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...