• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newstalk 650's Gormley flames Flaman

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newstalk 650's Gormley flames Flaman

https://admin.aghost.net/images/E0017001/FLAMAN.mp3

2.6 MB - going to be slow on dial-up

i wouldn't jump on the gormley bandwagon. he makes cbc look credible.

Comment

You may want to ask the NDP in Saskatchewan how formidable Gormley is.

Comment

i don't think it takes a silly secondrate talk radio host to make the ndp look bad. they got enough time and discredited themselves. if gormley was so persuasive he would have toppled them all by himself one or two elections earlier.

Comment

listened to the whole thing and I thought he(gromley)gave farmers a good kick in the a$$(again), rather than flaming flamen, so to speak.

Comment

I heard it too and Jsend and Border Flaman got slammed.
            Its nice just to bad farmers didn't throw his A-- out last time.
            We were all to busy and this useless piece of work got elected. Hm doesn't that happen most of the time.
            The ones that should run don't and the Looser that has nothing else to do runs and wins.
            THis fall its Lights out Flaman!!!!

Comment

I heard parts of it as well, Gorrmley definitely was part of the NDP going down but his understanding of the CWB election process leaves much to be desired.
              You have the CWB running adds the whole election period unlike in Fed/prov where there is no advertising.
              There's the whole process of trying to ID voters when it's based on where they deliver grain rather than where they live.
              Letting landlords votes cancel out real producers.
              Just ask I'll go on on how to improve democracy in the CWB.
              I will agree with Gormley on one thing though farmer apathy/ general disgust has made it tough to through the bum's out

Comment

BTW good interview by LWeber this Am and comments in the Financial Post on the weekend.

Comment

Flaman won't leave on his own, farmers HAVE TO GET OUT VOTE ! and that's who's a$$ Gormely was kicking. there is definitely a problem with landlords and part time farmers voting. needs to be based on acres, so many cultivated acres, so many votes. just like shares, in a company!

Comment

The voting needs to be based on the number of acres of CWB grains not total acres seeded.Have one daughter and her husband who live in McCreary's district but their mailing address is in Ritter's district and they have been unable to get this corrected.

Comment

simply what he was saying is that if an elected person gets elected on one platform and then does a total 180. Farmers should have rallied the troops and done every thing in their power to throw the Bum out. But were farmers we complain and do nothing about it, were to busy so election time comes and the Bum gets back in because the only ones who voted were the Landlords and a few of us that remembered to mail the piece of Crap back.
                      Now once the Bum gets a few terms under his belt he socks away Cash to make sure he wins again and again. Simply if times get really good this next year watch the Bum will win again. We will be all to busy to worry about the process.

Comment

PAGING RICK MERCER
                        Re "PM makes 'em gag" (Greg Weston, Feb. 5):

The Government of Canada is delivering real action for Canadian farmers.

With so much change making a real difference, it is too bad the issues Weston chooses to write about are figments of his imagination.

I would like to bring him back to reality.

Notwithstanding Weston's vivid imagination, the recent departure of a Canadian Wheat Board employee is an entirely internal matter.

Another of Weston's delusions is equally unfounded; an internal Canadian Grain Commission memo was indeed an internal memo. The government had no influence on it.

Weston stretches his imagination to the breaking point when he tries to connect the Canada Grain Act to the CWB. There is no connection between that legislation and the CWB.

It is hard to imagine where Weston's imagination might lead. If someone forgets to make fresh coffee in the Langevin Building, is Weston going to dust the coffee pot for the prime minister's fingerprints?

Does he really think cabinet weighs in on every staffing decision or requisition for paperclips?

Here is the reality: This government is working with the CWB to give Western Canadian barley farmers the same freedom every other Canadian farmer enjoys, is modernizing the CGC to make services more competitive for Canadian farmers and to ensure they have access to the latest crop science.

We're delivering real change for Canadian farmers.

I suggest Mr. Weston start writing about that reality.

Hon. Gerry Ritz, P.C., MP Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food and Minister for the Canadian Wheat Board
                        (

Comment

Part of farmer apathy I would contribute to one Larry Weber. I was at a chemical meeting (Dupont in the Sheraton hotel) in 2004 where Larry Weber talked about the upcoming CWB elections.
                          He talked of disgust in the process and talked of idealogs from one side, fighting with idealogs from the other.
                          This was a group of about 80 prominent farmers who likely took a lot of stock in what Mr. Weber had to say. And just as likely told their friends what this prominent Agricultural commentator talked about.
                          It's time the opinion makers encouraged participation in all forms of Ag policy not just the CWB.

Please Larry don't let me put words in your mouth, it was almost four years ago, and I realize that you are dong much more in 2008, even by posting your thoughts here under your real name.

If one can believe what they read on an Internet bulletin board

Comment

PS 2004 was the year Flamen re-ran after flipping sides.
                            He won on his record <3

Comment

Whilst I remember the venue at the Sheraton, I remember being taken to task for what I said moreso than what was said.

Get involved. Watch Ontario farmers. Watch Quebec farmers.

Dalek from Ontario has posted his thoughts on what would happen there.

But you are right Just_:

The RR's get a free ride.
                              The gov't gets a free ride over farm insurance policy.
                              The Competition Bureau gets a free ride.

Energy is not an infinite entity.

It will become tougher to evoke change because of high prices; however, it shd not weaken anyone's resolve.

Best,

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...