• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: '66 Meteor 2dr hardtop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: '66 Meteor 2dr hardtop

I know, I know. This is not an old car forum but the commodity forum is the most widely read of all the forums so here goes.....

I'm looking for a '66 Meteor 2dr hardtop. Anyone happen to know where there is one stashed away in a barn or garage or other hiding place, please let me know. I'll gladly pay a finder's fee if I can make a deal. E-mail me at lmelvill@telusplanet.net .

And, yes, I'm posting this from home!!!

Nice car.Take it down the railroad tracks.
    Pick up Debbie or Linda (or both) and head to the drive-in movie.
    Hop in the back and relive your lost youth.
    Can I come along Mel?

Comment

Got a 64 Black Chev Bel Air or an old Monarch, but no Meteor.

Parsley

Comment

Ya know those old boats with 11 or 12:1 compression V8s should run real fine on E85. Now just to find a station that sells it, and re-jet the carb(s) >;->

Have the administrators of the forums considered cutting the number of topics in the list or consolidating some of them so a person doesn't have to search through them to find one that is active?

Comment

I think most of us have given many ideas over time to improve the website and reading of new messages but much like the CWB you stop expecting any change or results if all you ever do is ask for input and see no results.

And in case you missed it Joe Dales, nothing has changed, what's up? As far as readability and use, this site remains a 2 out of 10 with no sign of improvement.

Comment

Oh yeah forgot to post this for you Lee. $1200 and it is in Canada too!

http://www.canadianrodder.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=cars60s;action=display;num=11753108 39

Comment

Thanks wd9. I've got a a fourdoor, six cylinder, with a good, unrusted frame and very good front fenders. It's rear quarter panels that are hard to find.

If you're looking at things like that forum, what kind of car is your disease? And, believe me, it can become a disease.

Thanks again.

Comment

54 Chevy Truck and 55 Chev 2 dr car. Stricken without a cure. BTW, have you ever done electrolysis to remove rust?

Take about a tablespoon of Arm and Hammer washing soda per gallon of water and mix thoroughly in a plastic bucket. Connect a 12 volt battery charger to it. This is important, connect the black (neg) to the piece you want cleaned. Drop in a hunk of steel in the water and connect the red or positive to that piece. In anywhere from 1 to 24 hours depending on rust accumulation, it will mostly come off and what doesn't a simple brushing will get the rest. You can do any size of piece, just get a bigger bucket. I have done a frame before even. From all the tricks I have learned over the years restoring stuff, this one is the best and possibly least known. Works good on very delicate parts and the ionic exchange doesn't etch.

If you can't find washing soda (sodium carbonate) take baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and put on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 for 1 hour. NaHCO3 gives up a water molecule and CO2 and voila you have carbonate.

You can use lye (the powdered soap making stuff) also although use gloves and protect your eyes.

Also either oil, wax, or paint the part right away as it rusts again because of the Fe03 and magnetite (black stuff)left fron the electrolysis.

Produces hydrogen and oxygen so use in a ventilated area - kaboom!

Tip du jour.

Comment

Nope, wd9, never heard of that trick. I'll have to try it when I get to that point. Right now my car's quarters are so rusty that your trick would remove them entirely! Found a place in the States with NOS quarters. Price delivered to Montana - US$3300. Ouch!

Comment

Hey, wd9, just reread your post about rest removal in a pail. Noticed you've done a frame with this method. What I want to know is "how'd you get the frame in the pail?" LOL

Comment

Ring of 2X6 lined with plastic rap. OK, so a square pail and a big one. For electrodes used a few lengths of rebar and welded them to make a ring around the frame and inside the openings. For a project this size, a DC welder on low works best.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...