• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not a Scientist but....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a Scientist but....

I'm not a cereal scientist but, what if we scrapped or created more exemptions for KVD?
    End user designed cereals without the KVD shackle would open a lot more local markets. HRS wheat on the other hand has but one market, the high end blending for human consumption only, which is almost completely export.
    Would'nt this make the CWB "Emancipation Proclamation" less virulent? It would also bother our dear Railroads less hauling these pesky low margin grain cars that someone else owns.
    This year HP HRS Wht pencils the least on my farm, as it would more often if we were'nt all so darn brainwashed into thinking we need continual "aid" to fixate on Exporting!!!
    Neutering of the CGC & elimination of KVD would shrink the Boards volume enough to make its desk face the back corner of the classroom!
    The CGC is not recognized equally internationally anyway.
    KVD adds decades to crop improvement to protect one sector. If you sign a lucrative enough contract with a overseas miller you Will ensure segregation, grading, shipping,etc.
    Now respectfully looking for a deep foxhole...

lohner,

One must respectfully ask why we must grade or use CGC services... unless the end-use customer requests and needs them.

If growers need these services fine, they can request and pay for them.

Right now the CGC doesn't respect or serve either grower or end-user satisfactorly, and the CWB is the biggest hinderance in pushing for CGC reform.

About time we fixed this problem.

Comment

As I understand it end use customers require independant labs for certifying and testing

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...