• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is ianben?Why don't we market?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appman: Boy you boys in Southern Sask. will try anything to make a living. Where are you exporting Canola if it has to be GMO free(Europe). GMO canola is making our canola industry in Alberta very rewarding like 50 bushel yields even at $5.00 don't look bad. Wheat in a can? CWB is worried about wheat in a jam can. Thanks Charliep for your information, not a great lot being moved export it seems by farmers. Chas

Comment

Chas,

I thought I did answer your question about direct exports!

When I invest in AgPro, Agricore, CanAmera I am an owner of these co-operative farmer co's.

Through these chanels farmers do directly export, and jointly we pool the risks involved with either direct export or exporting after value adding as is the case with CanAmera. Every time we do business with a farmer owned co-op we support these organizations.

I do not understand why we cannot work together voluntarily and export wheat and barley the same way?

Comment

Tom4cwb yes we are doing this now but what I want to do is change our pricing mechanism from commodity market control to farmers agencies control. God did't create the commodity market grain buyers did to benefit themselves. We need to discover another way to establish price to create stability in supplies and price and I don't think we need to restrict production to do it. Its not a dream, it just takes people to change the direction of the commodity marketing mentality. Does the system need to be so complex that we can argue forever over it capabilities. Knowledge and commonsense run hand in hand. The more knowledge you have the less commonsense you have. Academic overcomes practically. Chas

Comment

I wonder?

What if so many people forget about those co-operatives that now exist, and start reinventing the wheel again and again, what will we have?

Change is a good thing because it creates opportunity.

What am I saying?

Is the problem between the CWB and the co-operative guys mean the regulation should win, and the co-ops should die?

Is this what everyone wants?

I like selling my wheat to Pioneer, and they treat me fairly, they respect me and I respect them. Other "multinationals" have helped make my business profitable in the past. I am thankful that all are still around.

Options mean opportunity for change, which means opportunity for profit!

Comment

Tom4cwb: I deal with the same grain handlers that you do. I can't say I'am unhappy with them as grain handlers but I do think there is a better way to price are grain especialy for export. I'll give you the domestic open market to create more value added in Western Canada and you give me a Farmer Controlled CWB for export of all grain and oilseeds in CANADA and we can use either one or both to our benifits. I would like to see all exporting countries adopt this system cooperatively so some stablity could be established in pricing and supplies in international markets. Don't rip this all to hell just give me some positive feed back. We need a lot of help from WTO to make this work right I agree but it could solve a lot of problems that the open market don't give a dam about. Respectfully Chas.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...