• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wild oats coming again in flooded areas!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild oats coming again in flooded areas!

Just finished last spray of Liberty before flower surprised at all the wild oats that's coming! Now I'm in my wheat hitting it with Prosaro and WTF flooded areas where wheat sick and around some sloughs or flats wild oats is coming under crop! It will make a seed and ugly harvest looking fields but hopefully won't take yield away! Not group two resistant as sent plants away! It's another flush!
    Spray spray spray! Yea we make money at this game! FML!

At least SOMETHING is growing in the wet spots. Here, nothing is growing in the wet spots! lol

Comment

What the hell does FML mean anyway!

Comment

!!!!!!!

Comment

Wild oats will drown out if the monsoon keeps coming here.

Comment

wheatking F*ck my life

Comment

Good one tweety you got it.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
                F*ck More Litres???? FML

Comment

F*ck More Litres???? FML

Comment

F#*K More Litres FML

Comment

F#*K More Litres FML

Comment

Check your fields?

Nothing you can do now but fields will look not so nice in a month time when wild oats ate in patches with wheat or canola or peas under!

Comment

Similar to Malee's response, f**k, more litres! You own a sprayer, use it. Wild oats competes so much they can steal half a crop.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                            Similar to Malee's response, f**k, more litres! You own a sprayer, use it. Wild oats competes so much they can steal half a crop.
                            HobbyFarmer what are your tricks for dealing with wild oats in a organic crop? Bale the bad patches? Fall rye in rotation really helped us.

Comment

[QUOTE=pourfarmer;295826]HobbyFarmer what are your tricks for dealing with wild oats in a organic crop? Bale the bad patches? Fall rye in rotation really helped us.[/QUOT

I dont have any good answers, just basic old school strategies. Cultivate. Seed late, seed heavy. Plowdown is a year for weed control. So far not bad results. Last years milling oats had .5% - 1.6% fm, most of that was wild oats. I seeded hemp june 18 tilling a third flush of wild oats, 4 days later, hemp is out.....more wild oats as well. Grrrrr.
                              I have planted fall rye on light land it seemed to help but I am trying to farm less sand .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...