• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lodging

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lodging

ugly lodging in cereals around here already

Does anyone around here use Manipulator? Too late now from what I read, but what has been folks experience?

The way the season started bone dry, who would of thought there would be trouble with lodging...especially this early in the season.

Nobody wants lodged crops...not fun to harvest and Fusarium will run wild in there me thinks.

Comment

When you say cereals. Can you be a little more variety specific BL ??

Comment

Have a touch in my Glenn where there was seeding overlap. Huts have some fields that are over 50% laying flat not sure what varieties but brutal lodging. Transcend durum is just heading out so its fine so far.

Comment

Used Manipulator last year when Viterra would buy. Was planning to do all the tall wheats this year but Viterra has stopped accepting it, I don't think anyone will buy in Canada.

Worked good shorter wheat and higher yields.

Comment

Mother Nature manipulated our wheat free of charge with no elevator restriction this year lol
            Wheat is on the short side but very good heads .
            Heavy storm tonight but I think she still straight up . Find out in morning

Comment

Since I hired a good agronomist, I only get lodging in overlaps.

Comment

Since we got great advice from Tom4CWB we are only growing AC Penhold. No lodging.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...