• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fungicide in Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fungicide in Canola

Anyone spraying their Canola? Lots of flowers coming - warm and wet brings the fungus.

Does anyone use contans?

Comment

Yup have for 3 yrs.

Comment

Do you still have to spray in crop?

And regular boosters?

Comment

We did some of ours today. Just a quarter left. We used Proline alone. Do the guys who spray their peas with different cocktails do so for other crops too?

I thought about using Contans too. I still have the literature but can't remember why I decided against it. Incorporation?

The timing fungicide app was tricky this year because he hilltops never came up with the rest of the field.... afew days later. We aimed for when the majority of the crop was at the more advanced stage within the proper application timing window.

The crop looked better in the cabbaging stage than this early flower stage. The difference in emergence is more pronounced now...in about a week it will look "****ing awesome" again. ;-)

Comment

I have canola on canola and thought that in itself is a carnal sin. Have some Lance to go on but it came into flower quicker than expected. They tell me up to 50% flower. I hope they're not filling me with bs. The land hasn't seen canola since 2011 so a 4 year break in barley and wild oats then canola 2015 and 2016. I just hate not to spray it looks so damn clean and rank from all that cow manure.

Comment

Put proline on canola yesterday. I have invigor canola so programming is best with Bayer product. Canopy stayed wet all day so it might be worth it. I was surprised at the wet canopy because only 8/10 of rain on the canola since May 30.

Comment

Is delaro a better value with strob + proline active vs proline alone for canola.
                This would give crop health boost + mold control?
                I don't have the book in front of me, I think I calculated the proline active at 67%? Per acre basis

Comment

Our forecast is for showery weather for most of the next ten days. But it looks cool with the highest being 24C, lots of low 20s and around 10-12C at nights. Does the fungus slow down spreading if its cooler? Who is not spraying? Do you chance it? Starting to get tired of throwing $$$ at the crops already. Maybe just go on vacation for July and come back to what is here!!

Comment

For easy numbers:
                    $10 bu x 50 bu acre = $500 acre
                    To spray costs $20 acre
                    $20 / $500 = 4 %

What is riskier?
                    Hail say 3.5% ?
                    Crop loss at 4% ?

Or are they equal risk? Risk vs reward?
                    - depends or crops grown, field histories etc
                    - crop potential
                    - forecast
                    - crop pricing
                    - busy, work life balance
                    - cash flows
                    - weather patterns
                    - hail ins. Pure cost or expense
                    - spraying preserves? Maintains and increases yield/revenue opportunity, investment? Similar to variety choice, fert choices, herbicides etc,

Comment

I was thinking of the true application costs the other day:

Actual fungicide cost

"Actual" application cost: fuel, time, depreciation, wear and tear and maintenance

TRAMPING!!! About 3.5% of corner to corner open quarter section, worse for more challenging spraying fields.

What is the application really costing?

Comment

Ahhh, but it will all be ok when I get the approximate 7% rebate cheque from the Chem Co for spending a piss-pot full of money with!!!

Just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling on this cool damp Sunday morning!!! Or is that the liquor I'm drinking to cope with the stress of spending all that money? LOL

Comment

would say more like 2.5 percent farma on open fields. True Cost is in $35 an acre territory, fricken product better be worth it. Would say often it is not.

Comment

Just got back from phoenix. Watched the diamondbacks, did a little shooting, golfing, had a few beer at the beach. I don't spray canola with fungicide, to each his own though.

Comment

biglentil, I used about 3 feet of tramping on a 100 foot boom sprayer, don't forget to include the headlands.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...