• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

air conditioning in tractors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air conditioning in tractors

Would like your guys opinion on those cans of air conditioning stuff you can buy at automotive stores are they good or bad or is it better still to get guy out to do it thanks

We are having issues with our A/C on our T660 Kenworth....too many moving parts....electonic control module in the cab, high/low pressure switches, anti freeze thermostat, water valve, compressor, relay, condensor, evaporator, reciever/dryer ....and a lack of knowledge and frustrated because I can't get it resolved.

We put the cans of coolant into the older junkier pieces of equipment, anything newer we try to stick with the proper refrigerant.

Comment

That depends on what the issue is. If it needs topped up then just get the can, you will need to make sure it has the right adaptor for the cans to hook up but your local store should have the fitting if you need it. If you think it is leaking try the can of leak stop first and then top with A/C cans. There can be lots of issues with A/C (compressor, condensor, big leak, plugged rad in roof). We have used the cans alot to just top up for seasonal use and have had decent luck. The only thing you might have to watch which we have not run into yet is after you put some cans in from the local store, some A/C guys wont work on your stuff as it contaminates their equip, so I have heard.

Comment

NAPA sells cans of R134a. Don't mess with the other stuff. Some of the newer vehicles don't turn the engine fan on until the high side ac pressure gets to a certain psi, and I found products like Duracool don't get a high enough pressure to activate the switch to turn on engine fan.

Comment

Pretty well everything I own needs at least 1 can every spring, some even need 2. Luckily all my junk is off warranty (lol). I buy the cheapest stuff I can, because it leaks out just as well as the expensive shit.

An AC guy told me to find the refrigerant with the compressor oil in it, because most of the time it pisses out all the oil with the coolant.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...