• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost Arts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Arts

Not that I consider scalding and scraping and gutting a hog for a pig roast a lost art but not too many volunteers for the job. I couldn't even gut in in the usual fashion. I wasn't allowed to split the sternum or pelvis, made gutting interesting. because they said it fall off the spit too easy.

Kinda like steering in the field is becoming a lost art.

The art of communication, face to face that is, amongst today's youth.

Those things are not totally lost, but they are dying fast. Most of the farm kids around here could hardly name a pig in a lineup of various farm animals at the cop shop, let alone process one. haha

Comment

That's why I love you tube!!! Rebuild a car, fix your dishwasher....or roast a pig!

Comment

Originally posted by perfecho View Post
        That's why I love you tube!!! Rebuild a car, fix your dishwasher....or roast a pig!
        lol, no doubt huh? The things I have learned on youtube!

Comment

Last time I butchered a pig it was almost cooked from the number of times we dunked it in hot water.

Comment

" scalding and scraping and gutting a hog for a pig roast a lost art'

The lost art is raising livestock on farms for personal consumption, pretty hard to butcher without livestock!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
              " scalding and scraping and gutting a hog for a pig roast a lost art'

The lost art is raising livestock on farms for personal consumption, pretty hard to butcher without livestock!!!!
              Precisely.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...