• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual chemistry canola is here

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual chemistry canola is here

I made a nine foot barrier around a crop of tall fescue by spraying roundup. On one side I made the choice killing my canola instead of the fescue. I noticed I had quite a few canola plants that were not even set back let alone killed. I gave a heavy rate that killed every thing around that quarter but them. This was a Clearfield crop sprayed with Ares which is supposed to take out volunteer canola except for Clearfield, and roundup is supposed to take out this Clearfield canola. This canola was only growing on my seed rows and I had no volunteers in the bean crop last year. I have to ask myself is this why dual chemistry is wanted to be brought in?
    Many years ago I got some roundup seed that 45% was not round up resistant. What a change!
    RR canola was good but after I started growing soybeans in 09 and seeing it was starting to become another weed for me, I decided not to grow it anymore.
    I know why I had a lot of volunteers in one bean crop last year now.

I have a stupid amount of rr volunteers this year. Last time I had rr on those qtrs., was 5 to 7 years ago. Seeded clearfield this year, but it is real late and small and the volunteer is blooming. It looks like I have no clue how to farm. I can see a few years, but 7?

I should have put something in with the glyph., but I assumed it was LL volunteer at pre burn time.

Frustrating.

Comment

RR bean guys in the rrv have seen this for years. Invigor canola with a percentage resistant to both liberty and roundup.

Comment

Not much rr canola in RRV since rr beans became a major crop here. The first few years u couldnt tell if fields were seeded to beans or canola due to the volunteer rr canola in bean fields.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...