• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storm in S. Manitoba

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storm in S. Manitoba

Wow, you get quite the storms in S. Manitoba. Radar showed 156km wind gusts in places? Was scary windy here for half an hour and about 3.5 hours of constant lightening got 1.5 inches. Love the moisture but would take a steady rain versus all the dramatics the next time.

My son and I watched that on the radar - wow was that a monster. Very interesting to watch.
    Prob not much fun though in some of those areas

Comment

What happened east of us last night. I think we just got missed but havn't gone out to the farm yet. Farma, you ok?

Comment

Watched similar sounding storm from Sask side during 1980's when we were in drought.
        Wished it could have tracked farther west along with other ones.
        After six years of record high water levels, glad to miss them.
        Wonder about nitrogen fixation from thunderstorms and whether it is widely dispersed or more concentrated in locations under them.

Comment

Look at Ontario this morning. Big red blob on radar. Ths thing hasn't stormd itself out yet.

Comment

Sumdumguy.....very un-eventful here. I didn't see much to be concerned about on radar last night up to about midnight. Less than 1/2 a tenth of rain. I don't think this system is going to produce as much rain as they thought. Drew kept pushing the area of greatest precip north east over the last three forecasts. Moisture is only a light toe scratch below the surface here. I think we could quite easily get by without rain for quite a while. In fact, I would gladly sacrifice a few bushels to dryness than grow a bunch of diseased worthless crap.

Comment

We were almost in the center. Just missed the worst. There was at least 2.3" in the yard. High enough wind that we went to the basement for a while. Small amount of hail.

We were lucky to be just caught up on fungicide spraying.

The storm hit just as Bellator was finishing up. There was almost as much thunder here as Michael Chandler had in his fists.

Comment

West of the yard there was over 4". Ravines are rivers.

Comment

DISCLAIMER!!!:.......

"I don't think this system is going to produce as much rain as they thought. Drew kept pushing the area of greatest precip north east over the last three forecasts."

......well, for me anyway!!!

Comment

73mm over night in that storm.

We sure needed it NOT!!!

Atleast we didn't get hail.

Comment

1.2" on my farm just north of riding mountain. First time in seven years I did not curse it. First time in over a decade I actually needed it. It sure feels great having a good crop for a change. I went for a ride close to the mountain yesterday and seen the organic guys were in full swing seeding. I saw a couple quarters not seeded yet and some just seeded and mucked in in places that are farmed by 2 zero tillers in that heavey gumbo land. I wish them luck with the forcast we have

Comment

8/10" today, just right...saw lots of flooded along #5 at Wadena and to Humboldt.

Comment

Braveheart, you take the prize, I guess. We are glad the forecast rain hasn't materialized - yet. We've had our share of disease in the last few years with Fuz Durum that all had to be cleaned or dumped. We just sold the screenings from 2 years ago. Price today almost the same as wnat we got for #2 Durum 2014 crop. our friend sprayed his Durum 3x in 2014 and had no disease. Live and learn. Instead of spending 70 grand on spray, we bought a portable seed cleaner and sat beside it half the winter while the friends were in Cuba, smoking cigars. Never grew Durum for 30 years until 2014, that's our excuse.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...