• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry

North and west of Lethbridge is so dry that silaging of less then 2ft high dry land cereals has begun. 2-3" of rain since March and 20 straight days of wind has finished off crops.

The hay crop must be thin too? One never knows how close you can be to weather stress. Last year we were hooped at this very time. Then the smoke made us sun shade. Thank you smoke.

Comment

Here in Central Alberta 4/10 of inch since May 30. Our crops on the good land hanging on well. Showers have happened just missed us. Of the last 3 years at this time I would say peas look the worst out of the last 3 years, the canola probably the best. New hay looks good older stands not so much. Would love a nice rain.

Comment

Same here in west central AB. Lots of rain in forevast, and lots of rain a few miles east or north of us, nothing notable here though. Frustrating when you read that most areas are too wet.

Comment

vvalk how did the guys that seeded the wheat real early in that area make out? Was it March 15th or so? Did they get an advantage from tapping into the moisture left from winter?

Comment

Conditions here east of Edm are good right now. Three weeks ago, when the prices were high, I thought my canola was a goner from excess moisture. 2 weeks of dryer weather and it has come back in most places. Some acres have been lost but some places are excellent.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...