• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This weekend

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend

I hope we get a decent rain , at least 1/2 inch or so with this next low pressure system on Saturday
    Ended up with just a 2 /10 from last nights big storm - more wind and lightning than rain.
    Some heavy crops showing dry stress here yesterday. Some heavy canola and wheat crops had blue Color yesterday on lighter land
    Saskcan - did you get much ?

We need rain bad to! but not acording to that APAS member.

Comment

Went N and S of us again, more rain E of Regina too. Not suffering but wind is drying stuff out fast.

Comment

YR.NO is showing 45mms for us, would take it happily. Can never have enough heading into hot season for my liking. But that's just me lol.

Comment

4/10 upto 7/10th. Nice little rain. We have more then adequate moisture. Haven't been out your way in a week or so. Didn't realize you were that dry.

Comment

What a stupid press release for Apas to put out. Poor leadership and no one there who knows how to work the press and the political side.

Comment

I get his point to the railways on a crop but really email the railways and don't don't don't put out a press release markets down hard on idiot comment!
              Spit now that's a rain I like! Now f&@king aphids in peas to the east of us! fM!

Comment

Ya we are missing 90% of these t showers the past three weeks
                Caught 6/10th a week ago Tuesday- nothing for 2 1/2 weeks before that .
                Soil moisture still ok on good land but lighter stuff showing big stress yesterday

Comment

we've missed them all , here's hoping .... canola is hurtin , especially guys who scrimped on the nutrients .

Comment

Are farmers actually paying for guys to put out news releases like that? Stats Can is notorious for issuing releases that hurt us. If he would have said there are pockets of nice looking crops and many waiting for rain, it wouldn't have had the same impact. Disease is a real possibility woth these daily showers and muggy conditions. I really wonder how these fungicides can be a fraction of our prices in US and we can't bring them across. We gotta push guys! Where is free trade? That's where APAS should focus, not on no-win press releases.

Comment

Originally posted by saskcanfarmer View Post
                      What a stupid press release for Apas to put out. Poor leadership and no one there who knows how to work the press and the political side.
                      To address the 2013 excuses that "they didn't know there is a big crop", I would assume they want to get out publicly warn the railways and grain companies that an above average crop is coming.

I doubt an APAS release will spin markets out of control but you never know?

Comment

It hasn't stopped raining South of town since I opened a grain bag last week. Go figure. Oh well I'll take rain on the 35 cent lentils and 45 cent mustard if means I lose some 6.75 wheat. Early crops West of town are starting to show some stress but the organic stuff put in the ground June 1 is loving this weather.

Comment

It won't influence the markets whatsoever but to have the odaucity to pile on the RR when intact they are doing a very good job this year shows why a lot of farm groups aren't taking seriously. APAS has got zero done in a lot of years but 35-40% of RMs still get ropped in. On top of that roughly 50% of their budget pays for their per diems, travel, meals etc.

Comment

This winter was very mild and oil was $30-$50.

There is definitely a reason to be concerned about grain movement if there is an above average crop.
                            Add in cold weather, our new anti-pipeline federal government, $70 oil, a union strike and we will have a backlog, ugly basis and outraged farmers on Agriville.

I am not up to date on the efficiency improvements CN & CP have made since 2013/2014.....they could have made improvements that I'm not aware of and I hope I am concerned for no reason.

Comment

Ado - I am hearing west of Cutknife the pea crop in places is getting wiped out in certain areas - the rot is taking field after field . There are some awesome crops out there I hear but some pea crops are toast , have you been out west ?
                              No big problems with rot here yet but we are on the dry side

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...