• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
    Political analysts did list sovereignty as the number one reason for dissatisfaction, but had immigration policy at number three,which is still significant.
    OK fair enough, just didn't want folks here to think immigration was the #1 or that what Britain is doing is anything like the Donald Trump movement.

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
    Regardless, they're coming out and should likely never been in. That cluster of land in Europe is nothing but trouble. Roman Empire, Napolean, WW1, WW2, Hitler, EU, always trouble.
    We joined the "Common Market" in the 1970s to be part of a larger trading block I have no problem with that. When it morphed into the "EU Superstate" with common currency, central control, non-elected officials in control, European Courts able to overturn individual countries legal decision it became too much in my opinion.

A parallel here would be signing the NAFTA agreement and then later trying to get the US, Canada and Mexico to tie their Governments, currency and laws together in a Superstate governed by an entity that acts like CFIA.

And I'm pretty sure the Germans won't be planning on leaving any time soon - they want to be controlling the continent just as they have tried to do unsuccessfully in two world wars. Maybe now their buddies France will have to chip in and pay their share which they've avoided doing up to now.

Comment

Can the U.K. afford to keep the farm support programs that the EU had in place?

Comment

Originally posted by boarderbloke View Post
        Can the U.K. afford to keep the farm support programs that the EU had in place?
        The figures I heard they could pay the farmers what they were getting before and it would be roughly half the cost of what they were paying into the EU. Somebody had to pay for the French and the Irish and the Italians to get way more out than their Governments ever paid in.

Comment

Originally posted by cottonpicken View Post
          Why is something so unimportant important?

Where is the contagion?

There is none.

This is warfare.

Think of the history,even back to the vangoths(sp) sacking rome.

I wouldn't have a clue but i suspect something changed in the power structure of europe.

Now we are talking about countries moving out of nato and going to the sco.

That is why the major shifts are happening today,or at least semi explains it.

When Putin talks,in front of crowds of very rich and influential people,well you have to see it to believe it and he is doing it all the time,you have to find it for yourself our media doesn't cover it.

The prize of course is turkey,which is still in our hands i think,god help us if it flips.
          I miss Cotton.

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
            I miss Cotton.
            Very visionary of him to identify Turkey that far back. Hope he's found peace ...

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
              Very visionary of him to identify Turkey that far back. Hope he's found peace ...
              Turkey is a breath away from becoming 'something' with which we cannot trustfully partner. Cotton kept abreast of world happenings, and his world-insights, which were always worth reading, left a void. Hope the sun shines brightly for you today, macdon02. #ag needs a dose of cheer. pars

Comment

I miss Cotton.
                Yes, well, it’s 2019, and Cotton’s words are still relevant. Not surprised. Pars.
                Last edited by parsley; May 22, 2019, 12:53.

Comment

Yes, well, it’s 2109, and Cotton’s words are still relevant. Not surprised. Pars.
                  Yes he understood real meaning behind world events , not the fluff on msm.
                  Very few get it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...