• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monsoon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monsoon

Wow 2.75 inches of rain in less than 30 minutes NE of Edmonton last night. The garden and flowers are flattened, tomatoes broken.
    Canola is all twisted, but maybe the stress will make it stronger.

Wasn't that area wet already?

Comment

I thought we were in the eye of the storm at 1.3. My land at St. Michael, which has been hailed on twice, must be one big lake. Afraid to look.

Comment

That makes 10.5 inches here by Fort Saskatchewan, since May 18 when the drought broke. Better wet than totally dry with spotty germ. The crops look great now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gofer View Post
          That makes 10.5 inches here by Fort Saskatchewan, since May 18 when the drought broke. Better wet than totally dry with spotty germ. The crops look great now.
          105.8 mm April 1 to June 21 at Lacombe research station. Learned a lesson last year and seeded everything 1" deeper, it emerged a day or two later but it all emerged. I have land at Blackfalds that has had total of 3" more rain in 3 separate events that I missed all of 5 miles away. I admit I prefer drought to mud though, its an easier way to lose money when you're not spinning and stuck.
          Last edited by Ronski; Jun 23, 2016, 21:58. Reason: math is hard

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...