• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4G I get your thoughts. My point would be been there done that and moved on. I have melted urea on a couple of occasions and mixed that in with my fungicide. Burnt the flag leafs. Never gained yield and protein was hardly noticeable at a 0.2 bump. I enjoy trying everything at least once or twice but have got to the point where I absolutely know with certainty where the nutrients need to be and how much needs to be there. One thing I haven't tried is outlet foliar and furrow can comment on that . Simple program here. Float roughly 1/2 the N. VR the remaining N and a blend as per soil tests. And yes I literally walk away from it and it's a done deal. Don't care how much it rains or doesn't rain. Boarder I don't understand your question??

Comment

Boarder, did a big replicated trial of that, was good rainfall for the year so it should have shown up. in the end 0 yield difference, 0.02 % protein gain - on the non esn.

As the sciency ones say..... no significant difference. Except the cost of ESN made it less value in the end.

Comment

Good to know, thanks tweety.

Any rational for that method not giving a protein bump? Thought it'd be a no brainer.

Comment

I think it comes down to the little wheat plant not seeing sufficient nutrition in that up to 3 leaf critical part of its life. Like JD says, give it the groceries at the start, as does most research except in a tiny amount of situations, that is the thing to do.

The ESN trial was sponsored by the makers of ESN, needless to say this study was not used in their marketing brochures. They kept doing studies till they found a couple that tipped in their favour, published those instead.

Comment

Well then, If your theory is true tweety, I hope those little plants reach the mid-row band where most of the N is is my seeding operation. Last years "drought" wheat was between 15-15.5 px here. We'll see what this year brings.

Comment

I wasn't suggesting cutting out the seed placed starter fertilizer. What I meant was put down your usual starter, whether it's 40-50 lbs but also blend with it 30-40 lbs of ESN. The plants would use up the starter fert, then move to the midrow fert, then later when your crop is heading a filling the ESN would be starting to release and would help with protein levels. The trick I suppose would be to figure out the amount of ESN needed for a protein boost.

Do you think the ESN would be used up prior to heading?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...