• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain forecasting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain forecasting

Got to admit there are some pretty good models that are accurate in calling weather events down to start and stop times of a half hour or so.

And not just a half day ahead. Some sites are bang on a lot of times a few days in advance.

Ya they have been fairly close .
    Just need them to forecast more rain here, some crops showing drought stress in certain areas of fields that have heavy growth - the earlier seeded crops , mostly wheat and canola so far I noticed the last two days .

Comment

Don't get me wrong, its not like we're "drowning" here but we would have enough for a while, probably until the filling stage. I need to go dig up some more pea plants. We may have a slight colour change in the above ground growth in draws and low spots. To me the crests of hills seem to be a darker green, I really don't want to look but it might save me thousands of dollars in unnecessary fungicide applications if there is no foliar symptoms of above ground disease but signs of root rot

I would send you some rain if I could. On the brightside, this rain event hasn't given us much, yet.

Comment

Dog roots , if still healthy they may be worth saving , if brown mushy root rot - walk away - don't spend a dime

Comment

Very accurate here, forecasting next to none, low % chance and we are getting that. Stuck weather, won't move N or E from systems in the SW.

Comment

It's hard to take when it doesn't rain. After the 80's, It is permanently engrained in my mind. Years of drought in our area. We watched the sky, thought for sure that will get here, but no, it would disappear like a ghost. You can take our next rain though cause every little cloud dumps and when it rains-it pours. Guess you can call them timely cause they are all the time. We keep asking them lentils to hang in there. LOL

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...