• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad things come in 3 's

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad things come in 3 's

Hopefully this is it , found 3 rd pea field smoked from drift / inversion carry ..
    Not mad anymore , just depressed .
    That's about 100 AC in less than a week on a pea crop we spent too much money on .
    This is from Saturday , and that was prob the best spray day we've all had in the area
    Just bad luck I guess .
    But it's starting to add up - can't afford any more crop loss that's all I know - it's starting to hurt even though it's a long way from the bin.

I must of angered the pea gods - lol

Comment

Get the neighbors to USE their insurance, educate them. That is sad.

Comment

Well , one needs no education - very good operator and neighbor - it was just bad luck I think .
        Not going to comment in the other two situations .
        They all hopefully will be dealt with and hopefully the losses are not as high as I anticipate .
        Again , I just hope that's the end of it for this year

Comment

We have 600 nice40 gone and 160 struggling and 160 awesome! Not a year for peas ugly is ugly!

Comment

It's a perfect year here so far for peas - that's the frusterating part

Comment

furrow, what happened or how do those pea fields look that you were mentioning in the spring that had bad/dry seed/cracking and splitting/poor germ? Did they fill in? Because they're thinner, do they have less disease? Are they later? taller? Knitting together? Will they make up the yield loss?
              Just wondering.

Comment

Our peas were fine , we just bumped up seeding rate on the last batch that was below 85 germ
                Not sure on others in the area or what was used

Comment

Some crops are thin for sure , as far as plant stand. But I can't comment on seed rate and or getm

Comment

My peas suck.. Too wet

Comment

Mine too. Weeds.

Heat is snake oil IMO.

Comment

Hmmmm..
                        I wounder if , by chance , someone comes up with a monopoly on herbicide or two that kinda controls weeds for a certain crop but also affects the immune system of those same crops just enough to cause certain disease issues to prevail that they have a fungicide that may fix the problem... Nah that's just crazy talk . That would never happen.
                        Then outa the blue something that Mother Nature throws a curveball and something else becomes a problem.. Hmmmm ,that's rotten, I know crazy talk
                        There is a link between round up and fusarium - just as an example - not saying but there is a link crazy people say.
                        Peas , if too hot before or after , can show some nasty side effects as well .
                        I Duno - my tin foil hat tonight I guess.
                        DYODD my friends
                        All fungicides, when broken down are just a mix of nutrients to fix a problem - that's a fact .
                        Enjoy the full moon , no frost .....

Comment

Some may think Klause is out there - sorry , he has it figured out - at a young age .
                          I wish I knew now what he does , 15 years ago
                          Mother Nature may hold some cards - but not all of them - think for yourselves
                          I know kinda deep - but it is what it is if you understand

Comment

A thin pea crop never makes up yield loss, but yes will have less disease if not injured by Chem damage

Comment

I don't know if I totally buy your comment about fungicides being a mix of "nutrients", what ever is in that shit is anti fungal for starters. Is there any nutrient base to it? I don't know, labels only list "active" ingredients. Some are copper based. The chemical names don't reveal much and would have to see if the msds would reveal more. There are only so many "elements" and the mixing of them can make the composition toxic or beneficial.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...