• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bit of good news on another soaking wet day.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bit of good news on another soaking wet day.

Got drawn for elk in our zone, and our land is full of them! Hunting bug just got kicked into high gear.

Save a faba bean, shoot an elk.

We used to farm west of swan plain.had elk on the land.you around there?

Comment

Free. you have any Faba beans this yr.?

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
        We used to farm west of swan plain.had elk on the land.you around there?
        I am south of Kelvington. We never used to have elk, bears or moose down here. Something has changed, and now we have piles of these critters. I shot a bear on my home quarter two falls ago, a moose on the quarter kitty corner the same year, and I know within 400 yards of where I will shoot my elk this fall. lol

I am fortunate to have land and be butted up to some truly awesome habitat. I planted my alfalfa last summer, with full intention of using it as a private hunting paradise. All fired up! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          Free. you have any Faba beans this yr.?
          I intended to seed a half section this year, but never got the chance to get them in early enough. First week of May at the latest would be ideal. Missed my window.

Comment

Get a guiding licence, crazy what the yanks will spend, will make more than your farm if you could seed it in weeks.

Comment

Ya sounds nice.I got some good mule deer white tails and many upland birds.have a 100 acre lake in my pasture that DNR have been trying to start perch in.Used to have the best trout fishing south of #1 in my own back yard.

Comment

Good luck and good for you
                We have been drawn for moose a couple times now at home
                Both times just a mile drive with the front end loader to bring em home - nice easy clean hunting
                Took about 1/2 hr each time to drop one

Comment

free , how do you know ? do they let you know ? I applied for elk in 43

Comment

I got skunked on the draw. Looks like late season moose for me.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      free , how do you know ? do they let you know ? I applied for elk in 43
                      You should get an email. If not, go to the big game draw site and it will show if you were drawn. Funny thing is, today I went to the site and saw I was drawn, and ended up having got an email a few hours earlier I had not noticed. A friend of mine was drawn for moose and elk. I told him he needs to spread it around a bit better...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...