• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More drift damage ....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More drift damage ....

Anouther 1/2 of peas with 50 AC torched .
    *** me !!!!

This one was the opposite situation , with velocity sprayed in the morning , calm , then the wind picked up temp changed and that shit carried 1/4 mile into my peas. Not the guys fault he did things right and was done before the wind picked up.
    Frustrating as hell .
    I agree that some of this chemistry , especially things like velocity, wich can be very volitize , needs a warning label .

Comment

With this yrs ugly/windy days there is going to be alot of crop damage..
      Some guys were out spraying 2 days ago in the hurricane.ALL day!!! guess its screw the neighbor, because they sure done hurt there own crops..Then they are so surprised when you call them to tell them of damage.." I use low drift nozzles"..

Comment

Very frustrating when some put in so much time and effort into certain crops to make it as healthy as possible only to find crops getting killed by mostly avoidable situations . Very very frustrating
        Some don't care , but most of us try to take a lot of pride in what we do . Sometimes we have enough issues with our own situations but then you have to deal with others, some not entirely avoidable but others just complete ignorance to those around you .
        Both situations here have now been dealt with and we will just have to wait till harvest data to see what happens . I just hope I don't find more in the coming days - I don't have time to deal with shit like this , but you have to .
        The one pea field is fuked from round up and eclipse - no recovery there. The other I am going to try a product similar to alpine G22 or Kugler 6-24-6 , called Plant Fuel to see if I can save it , minus a 5o ft strip by 1/2 mile as a check from damage from the velocity .

Comment

I am also going over all my spray records to see if anything I did may be an issue High winds will not be one of them though.
          I refuse to use Infinity , velocity or certain group 2 's in cereals for that reason . Even the vapour from that some of that stuff can wipe out someone beside you.

Comment

How many know that Infinity is volatile. Only used it once years ago but I didn't.

If a guy was using 24D he wouldn't or shouldn't even think of spraying with
            contrary winds of any speed. We know its volatile. But these other chemistries not so much.

Comment

I admit I am not much of a sprayer over the yrs and have never used over 40 psi BUT how in hell do yous use 115 psi that must be fog and goes up not down ????

Comment

Also, are these guys using air induction tips sold on the premise they're good to use in category 3 hurricane wind speeds? Sarcasm fully intended. No matter what kind of chemical spray tip you use there is a wind speed threshold where you need to stay home! I use an archaic tip that actually is quite prone to drift but I hate to sacrifice coverage by delivering very coarse globs of spray. Yes I did smoke some of my own peas with Velocity--ugly and not acres and acres either. A bit of an eye opener because it was a type of day that wind speeds were really reasonable. At least they were mine.

Comment

Farma , that was my lesson with infinity as well.

Comment

Nailed a few of our peas too. A light SW wind that day, lowered the boom to the ground and went slow and with wind. Low 20C temps, mid morning. Tandem along the first 220 ft of the durum. About as good a day as we've had all June. Rest has been a fight between high temps, too windy (most of the time), and too calm a few times surprisingly.

First 30 ac didn't look good for the first week. Most pulled out of the sickly yellow and are growing again, albeit shorter. Now the first 10 ft along the mile are yellow and from past experience, won't pull out of it.

At least it didn't get the neighbour to the south (organic), or the neighbours lentils across the road to the east. Self inflicted wounds are easier to heal from. lol

Comment

Fk some of my own. Harmony duel and barricade on wheat with peas on one side. Thought there was no wind but obviously a very very slight breeze out of nw. Big yellow patch, not sure if it will be a total loss or not. Mad mad but only at myself.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...