• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain patterns

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain patterns

Following the same lines south to north continues

Here it falls from the sky to the ground at various angles depending which direction and how strong the wind is blowing. SORRY, couldn't resist.

Comment

I hate rain buff said

Comment

Daytime: Sunshine for 2 hours, with clouds for 14 hours, unbearably muggy, sweat rolls off at 21 degrees. Sheep seek shade at 9 AM.

Night: Rainfall from 2 tenths to 6 tenths.

Repeat daily. That is our rainfall pattern. same for about 11 years now, with a very few interruptions.

Tiresome as heck. Rain makes grain. Yield less. Wonder if I can find a market for cattails and lily pads, reeds, and standing dead poplar.

Comment

you bring up a good point freewheat. There is more dead bush right now from the last 5-7 years of excess moisture than any drought has killed ever, this is a fact. Some of the bush that has died out has tress that are over 50 years old. I know this because they are older than me.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
            you bring up a good point freewheat. There is more dead bush right now from the last 5-7 years of excess moisture than any drought has killed ever, this is a fact. Some of the bush that has died out has tress that are over 50 years old. I know this because they are older than me.
            In our yard we have, or I should say HAD a small orchard, which my grandparents had established in the 30's. There were the following fruit varieties within it. Rhubarb, gooseberries, currants, plums, various apple trees, some ornamental shrubs, hostas, ferns, and a few others.

The orchard does not exist any longer because of the last decade of saturation. It lasted about 80 years, and provided much fodder for this home over three generations. Slowly but surely, the trees, shrubs and bushes drowned. Even the ferns died of lack of oxygen.

Kinda sad, really. I wish my kids could enjoy it as I did as a young fella, walking through the cool grass, plucking berries and apples off and popping 'em in my mouth.

Blasted rain.

Comment

Speaking of rainfall patterns I found this map today of the last month's precip. relative to normal. Interesting, the big area with 2x normal rainfall isn't where I thought it would be.

[URL="http://www5.agr.gc.ca/resources/prod/doc/pfra/maps/nrt/pr_30_av_s_e.pdf"]http://http://www5.agr.gc.ca/resources/prod/doc/pfra/maps/nrt/pr_30_av_s_e.pdf[/URL]

Comment

I am in a 40-60% of normal range. Which means nothing at all. A glance at the map would say we are dry. I would be willing to bet we are twice as wet as anywhere else.

Comment

Freewheat. The map is for only 30 days...you may have been much further ahead in reserve or excess to start with. It has us at 115 to 150% but remember we quit seeding here hoping it would rain... everything in perspective. Oh Yeah... we had basically no snow either!

Comment

A map is only as good as they who draw it up!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...