• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lentil Crops??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lentil Crops??

With all the rain, hows everyone's lentils holding on? There's a lot of root rot showing up from guys I've talked to. Tight rotation will play havoc this yr.
    The guy that grew outside side of the fringe areas must be wishing they grew more canola.

Big crop coming is what I heard at farm progress show ..... why worry.

Although one guy admitted there is a 2013 repeat on its way for transportation.

Comment

Oil isnt plugging the railways like 2013

Comment

Keep seeing reports of big wheat crop in U.S. and this on top of considerable 2015 wheat still on farms.
        Futures prices still see wheat moving to higher premium over corn than at present, does not make sense.
        On other hand, do see a lot more pea and lentil crops here, may have come at expense of wheat acres.

Comment

Just glad we got some rain on ours. Pretty much dry to the bottom of their roots.... Apparently they look good from guys who drove by. I haven't checked them in a week and a half.

Comment

There has been no oil tying up track space for over a year.

Not a lot of potash either.

Grain is barely making 500000 tonnes a week.

But hey.... it's all good.

The industry had only lost a week in shipping due to poor cars.

Excellent progress to a country that relies on exports.

FFS.

Comment

Between .65 and .90 in the area again last night. Light land with no lentil history is great, other lentils on good heavier land with water storing capabilities the lentils are done. Peas in the area are looking poor some is likely aphanomyces.

Comment

Between .65 and .90 in the area again last night. Light land with no lentil history is great, other lentils on good heavier land with water storing capabilities the lentils are done. Peas in the area are looking poor some is likely aphanomyces.

Comment

Lentils are looking good, even on heavy gumbo. We got between 1/2 and 3/4 last night. We're good now. Guess its time to ask the big guy for sunshine and heat.

Comment

There is so many lentils out there seeded no way a few bad acres will make a difference.Guys better have a contract.

Comment

The chemical rep guy I talked to at the Farm Progress Show suggested an 8 year pea rotation for those who notice the yellowing disaster in admittedly only certain areas.

With right weather conditions there is no reason that that advice couldn't apply practically anywhere.

Comment

Have a contract for what.

Last time lentils were worth something in spring by fall there were down grading everything to buy cheaper.

I had lentils that graded 3 and were worth 8 cents. Two years later they were sold as a 2 for 32 cents.

It will happen again.

Guys had good contracts and were cutting deals at lower prices to get them moved.

Comment

Think a 50 cent with act of God is a good contract.

Comment

Fantastic price. .....let us know when it moves.

Comment

Mine look pretty good. A little dry at seeding and then 3/10-1/2" showers every ten days or so. They've dried out a bit a couple of times but seem to really take off after each rain. Organic frenchies planted at the end of may are just starting to take off but could use a drink in about a week. Sold the first 12 bpa for 80 cents.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...