• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Ok this shit from the Sky is getting a little sick already. Since last week report add another .6 to 1.2 plus .5 plus what ever last nights yellow green and red gave us. This just in Over a Half again. FML.
    Damage is happening and not liking what is taking place.
    But on the positive side Cereals and Barley will lodge as soon as they head being so fricking thick. Canola and Peas not good and going backwards in the mud.
    Farm progress show yesterday did meet a guy from Alberta who thinks if they cant get the oil in that pipe line why not send our fricking water to them. He was dry. Missed running into a lot of you guys who were attending yesterday.
    Ok enough about the Rain here is the Crop Report for the week.
    HRS is mostly all sprayed in area and filling in nicely. Minor disease is starting on bottom leaf. Our two varieties Carberry and Brandon look really nice. As soon as spraying Canola is done it will be on with Prosaro as wheat is going gang busters.
    Canola this year is not our year for Canola. It looks like 2010 and water is running in fields if rain ends could make something but if continues yield will be low like 2010. All fall contracting is stopping as to big of a risk. Higher ground nice rows and filling in. Wet to semi wet thin and sick plants. Premature bolting will happen in those areas if heat doesn't start real soon. Our RR ready looks better so far But Liberty on Burnt or Worked ground still holding on better than Direct seeded wheat stubble.
    Peas don't like water and this year is not a year for peas for us. I have so far one that should be worked down and a Half that's holding on and half that's real nice. Different amounts of rain. You cant bring something back when it hits the tipping point you just hope the Geese move in and eat.
    Barley is on higher well drained ground on both half's and looks real nice spraying for disease will start soon.
    Durum has rows is sprayed and next will be disease. Why did I seed Durum we will have to spray at Flag with Folicur and Head with Prosaro and then hope, pray talk to Allah or the Great Spirit or who the Hell knows to get the rain to quit.
    One Corn field in the area that looks not bad so far on well drained land.
    Soy we have none this year but the half on drive out that I thought was seeded to early then temps dropped is filling in rather nice and might turn out not that bad. Early seeded and missed all frosts. Timing, Knowledge or just Dumb luck.
    So all seeding is done in Area except the large land parcel on the Res. That was lost by the Farmer from the East. It will now be all farmed by the new Chinese farm in Melville. They are seeding it to Alfalfa and Brome and will be starting up a feed lot and running cattle. Great idea hope it works.
    Pastures are off to a awesome run. Those that added pig shit or put fertilizer on pasture cows will have grass up to there bellies. Hay land looks great.
    Off to the Farm show need to find a water Canon that Can get enough lift so with a good strong wind I could hit those that need rain.
    Be safe this week as spraying get behind and your playing in the mud stressed to the max hoping this shit will soon end. Oh that's for me.
    Be safe the ones at home are way more important that a crop that the market will take and pay you peanuts in return. 1960 prices at 2016 doesn't work when equipment is now not $7500 or $75000 its $750,000.00.

I feel your pain. This water is sickening... Again. Raining steady again this morning. Who knows how much we'll end up with. Radar looks nasty.
    Fields were so nice to seed for the first time in years and now water laying all over.
    Wake me up when it's over.

Comment

Crops all looking good in this area..
      Just about done the 2nd pass on RR canola..Had to spray for cut worms..
      I am thinking we might get all the crap that goes with growing anything this yr..Lots of south winds..so I am sure it will all come..
      Light rain this morn..
      Sure would be nice not to have to spray in to much wind ..July and August will be dead calm..

Comment

If he doesn't have any self-inflicted wounds, ask bucket what he thinks! But the rain could quit for a while. I hate applying fungicides that only claim suppression or ask you to re-apply in 10-14 days if conditions persist. Yeah, they say it like its free and I hate tramping through the crop half a dozen times per year. Houring up high priced sprayers.....ever try trading in a high hour sprayer? Think what that app is really costing you! Things are good here but shit is likely going to start happening if it doesn't dry down soon. I need my nemesis, the wind, to blow for a few days. I'm done herbicides....
        Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 16, 2016, 07:27.

Comment

Hey Farma, have you been on the other side trying to buy that high houred sprayer? They still want an arm and a leg for those worn out POS!!! Oh and by the way it was a one owner unit haha! I too hate driving through the crop and trampling.

Comment

What? I thought fungicides guaranteed bumper crops.

A barrage of emails and mail outs are coming daily:

-fungicide in short supply
            -order now to avoid disappointment
            -you must realize the full potential from your crop

Crops doing okay. Too many geese and too much salinity. Both of which a guy can't do much about.
            Rain falling but have missed the big ones so far, good thing.

Comment

Should be extra fungicide from this area - missing rain event again here
              Crops in general are ok here, some real good , some patchy canola (ours) is filling in finally and should be ok.
              Some pea crops are excellent , some ave and some showing big hang over symptoms yet from herb damage .
              More and more drift damage showing up from guys spraying in high winds last week .

Comment

I know of at least one field hit by invertion , simplicity mix , sprayed just after sunset with low water high presure high ground speed. The mist hung , lifted and floated a full 1/2 mile across a canola field .

Comment

I don't get it. There are a known number of acres in western Canada.

Fungicides will keep in a warehouse.

No different than fertilizer in bins that guys are paying for a year in advance.

I have come to the conclusion that farmers are the only money supply.

Prepay for next year's inputs .... hold grain for the convenience of graincos.... the freight to the coast is paid before grain enters a railcar.

Blah blah blah. New shiny snow fence going up every where meanwhile Cargill knocks down a 5000 tonne facility and viterra mothballs a 10000 tonne facility at Hodgeville.

Tinfoil please.

Comment

Had exact thing happen in a pea field neighbor last year furrow. No compensation from neighbor. Economic loss $20,000.. Stellar was the culprit. Sprayed in morning, dead calm. Warmed up and started to float and over an entire 1/4. Ugly

Comment

"I hate applying fungicides that only claim suppression or ask you to re-apply in 10-14 days if conditions persist. Yeah, they say it like its free and I hate tramping through the crop half a dozen times per year. "

I agree, low probability of return, but profit for them...

"-fungicide in short supply
                      -order now to avoid disappointment
                      -you must realize the full potential from your crop"

It's NOT selling that is why they advertise!

"They still want an arm and a leg for those worn out POS!!! "

Looked all winter and that is what I saw ALL wore out. Guess 15mph over rough ground is NOT free.

So you saw I bought another wheel boom, great shape, only $24K, worn out POS HC at least 4 times more.
                      Nearly new only 1500 hours 8 times more. Does NOT compute.

Any way, just light rains, NO floods this year, fungicide not of any value to this point. Crops all GREAT, nearly all sprayed, now for all that fertilizer to cut in.... spraying still to do in the area, ya windy till all are done then CALM HOT July- Aug.

Comment

I agree it is a big fricking game! Bull shit raw raw crop reports bull shit supply wows, bull shit suppression bull shit snake oil bull shit equipment prices!
                        Reset button needed in Ag!
                        Yea now countries like Ukraine and Russia seeding gmo crops and no fees like Canada but we have to compete!
                        Farming more of a joke than ever should be the slogan!
                        Morning rant!

Comment

Not sure how some on here don't get compensation if the neighbor does significant spray damage. If your neighbor has farm ins., you'll get compensated

Comment

FJ, completely agree on the HC sprayers that are over priced. Lots of hours on them and still want 200k, ridiculous. We have a small HC now but would be in the market for a bigger/newer one but the $$$ just dont justify for our acres.

Comment

I agree it is a big fricking game! Bull shit raw raw crop reports bull shit supply wows, bull shit suppression bull shit snake oil bull shit equipment prices!
                              Reset button needed in Ag!
                              Yea now countries like Ukraine and Russia seeding gmo crops and no fees like Canada but we have to compete!
                              Farming more of a joke than ever should be the slogan!
                              Morning rant!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...