• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fert prices again...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fert prices again...

Anyone have different prices on 46-0-0 yet?
    Best we've been told is $345/mt
    The catch is it has to be taken home in July.

Wish we could lock some fall prices in at that price.

300 a ton I would buy and switch from gas to granular. Take product home.

Comment

Would taking delivery in July require turning the fertilizer once or more prior to planting next spring(130t bins)
      I don't care for fines.

Comment

I will buy in Nov!! Price may be higher but loosing a bin isn't cheap!! Then you would have to buy for a second time. I have more to do then babysit fert.

Comment

OK I am a quite stupid.

Nola urea is 182 a ton. Doing the math it works to 259 cdn at nola.

If Yara wants to sell there it would cost them 60 a tonne to get it there

Now factor in storage costs of 10 bucks a tonne a month at retailers.

Anywho the BTOs have been buying for next year. Works out better they are out of the market.

How to sell to the smaller guy?
          Last edited by bucket; Jun 15, 2016, 09:31.

Comment

Unfortunately our Fertilizer is just like our fuel and vehicles, etc in that our prices are based on what it would cost to get it from somewhere else and then they just set there price a little bit lower.

$182 US a Ton in New Orleans works out to be approx $260 CDN/tonne. Add in $125 freight to get it into the prairies puts us at $385/tonne. Add in dealer profit and you will be $400 .

That would be delivered to farm. I assume the $345 numbers we are hearing are picked up at the plant in Canada. My take on it is that unless New Orleans prices drop the fall price will probably be $40/tonne higher that we are at today, which is normal for most years.

Comment

Truckers telling me 4 - 5 hr wait times at plants to get loaded. That busy.

Comment

Poor boy

Too bad grain prices didn't work that way.

Comment

seems these mega plants began construction 3 years ago just coming on stream so no option but to produce I guess. At time of feasabilty studies etc was a dollar in making fert still is but not as much

Comment

Exactly mallee that is why our FNA group never intended to build a plant but used the excuse to sell memberships.

Comment

This is what they refer to as distressed product.
                      They have to make room or shut the plant down.
                      Few buyers for a lot of product.
                      Dealers have purchased as much as they can risk in a declining market.
                      Make the most of it.
                      Commodities are all negotiable.

Comment

Ultimately:

Grain Producers, too many sellers not enough buyers

Chem and Fert,..not enough sellers and too many buyers

Comment

Fricken lineup of superb's at Yara is brutal and same thing up the road at Terragrain ethanol plant go figure. Hey whats in this Ceasar? is that a hint of 46-0-0?
                          Last edited by biglentil; Jun 15, 2016, 21:46.

Comment

Diotamaceous earth.. Run a 20 pound bag in a super B load and your 46-0-0 will be fine. Kitty litter is total Bullshit except for lining the bottom slide and throw some in the poke hole. Was priced 585 P today.

Comment

We only use cat litter on the bottom gate on the bin then the stuff even needs a bit of "encouraging" to start flowing. Bottom line is 10 months is a long time to put 46-0-0 in a bin and forget about it. Turning the crap would likely be your best option. Who here works and uses equipment for free? Some are saying pay now and take in July. I haven't got local quotes as cheap as I've read on this site.....but then it could all be horse shit too!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...