• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strap-in: Volatile Corn . . . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strap-in: Volatile Corn . . . .

Corn may be in for a 'wild ride' over the next 10 weeks.

Excessive temps for the Midwest plus fewer acres than USDA expectations, now stir in massive fund money and volatility is the word.

Weather will decide if U.S. corn is a $5/bu plus crop or a $3.50/bu crop come fall.

Hope it helps wheat prices.

Anyone know where the U.S. Hard winter wheat harvest is at? Should be as far north as Nebraska by now, shouldn't it? Just haven't seen or read any posts on the American sites.

Comment

Actually, there was a nice turn-around in the grains today. Especially canola and wheat. I think corn just went upward. Hopefully we're establishing support here, at least for awhile. How cold is it going to get in west Ab?

Comment

I'm sorry it froze on you jwab. You must be one of those rookies that SF3 says seed too early. Lol.

Comment

I agree could go either way. Right now corn conditions are okay.
          4.85Z is in play. Any more than that will take big changes to crop conditions.

Comment

This has been largely a fund-driven market. It hard to justify a $3/bu rally in beans this spring, but the funds have the steering wheel.

At some point this market will roll over (IMO). Once beans break, corn will break. But the market may wait until post pollination.

As far as wheat; still the red-headed stepchild of grain markets. Can't sell it very well, can't buy it very well.

Comment

Present futures prices look like fifty cent premium for feed wheat over corn and a dollar or dollar fifty over next year or two.
              Wonder what is behind fund thinking on this.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...