• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sick Canola calling Furrow

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick Canola calling Furrow

I have two fields of canola that was dry and came up lumps when I seeded canola. Then about a week later we get three days of drizzling rain that melted all the lumps and filled in the furrow.

Instead of slightly over 3/4 of an inch deep it is now 2 and 3/4. Very patchy some is coming, but one field we are reseeding.

What can I apply to help out this weak canola crop?

2 ltr of Alpine G22 or Kugler 6-24-6 will do wounders

Comment

The exact same thing happened to us this spring

Comment

Leave a 10-20 AC strip to see the difference for your self .
        I always leave a check with things like that now.

Comment

We had a quarter of canola that received just too much rain. Many parts of the field started turning light green to yellow green. We applied .75 litres per acre of Lignohumate. Within 12 hours colour had returned to a bright green.

Now I don't think this would help deep seeded canola but Furrow's suggestion would be your best bet.

Isn't 7-9 plants per sq ft adequate for a canola stand?

Comment

I don't think any retailer locally sells kugler or lignohumate. But I think I can get Alpine.

They are a lot of ok spots but also a lot of bare spots. How often can can you spray alpine.

All of our other canola is beautiful but these are some of the worst fields I have ever had.

Comment

We have sprayed Alpine with every application. Herbicide and fungicide. We find the crop tolerates the herbicide better and the sprays work quicker. We've used anywhere from 2 to 4 L/acre depending on tissue tests.

Comment

Is there a name brand for the lignohumate?

Comment

Our durum and red spring wheats even seemed to yellow from Velocity and Simplicity/Octain. But Puma use to yellow it too.

Comment

No , it is ligno humate , do not use humid acids . Call Carlise liquid systems in southern Manitoba

Comment

I will post the number in the morning , talk to Daryl

Comment

Anyone have experience with growth suppressants?

Comment

Furrow, have you try humic acids in your liquid starter? Do you put the ligno humate in witg your liquid starter or just spray it on? We have some salinity problem spots. Should be seeded to grass but would make the fields irregular shaped. Was wondering if a humic product would help with the CEC of those areas to possibly help grow some crop. Why do you not like humic acids?

Comment

ligno humate is humic acid I do believe. Broken down organic matter, heard liquid has some solids and is a nightmare to get out a spray nozzle.

Comment

Ligno Humate is not the same as the other humid acids. Much cleaner product, does not plug anything I have used.
                              Just use 1/2 ltr per AC with 28 -0-0 at seeding
                              The add 1/ 2 ltr with fungicide when nessesary
                              Or when crops needs a boast

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...