• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exactly like I figured ....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that cleared it all up - lol
    But that fact still remains that most crop drift damage is avoidable . Yes a few mistakes can happen and have , but everyone needs to remember that we as farmers need to make a living off that dirt to raise our families - we as farmers don't need fellow farmers ruining crops in 100% avoidable situations - empathy seems to have been lost to others at times.

Comment

There is no respect for other farmers.
      When I grew up people didnt have to like each other but they respected each others property. You dont park your stuff in their approach/smf field, you dont cultivate, harrow, spray them and you contacted them when their cows or dogs were on the loose.
      Now, nobody cares and have zero courtesy.
      When things go wrong they owners blame it on their men/"the boys".
      Thankfully, so far, I have not had any over spray issues. Neighbors are generally respectful. They dont have to like me or like the way I make my living, that is none of my business and vice versa.

Comment

Well did not make it fishing , as you know far far to windy to be spraying or on the lake .
        We spent time as a family as worked hard and did all our own landscaping around the yard. Saved a tremendous amount of money and the wife and kids took a lot of pride and had some fun designing our own set up . Was a good weekend with the cool wind to get that job done .

Comment

# cash kept in my wallet
          # teach kids that money does not grow on trees and hard work pays off

Comment

Hard work pays these days? Not since we have negative interest rates. Need money? Just borrow more. Lessons for the kids in this new era. Savers are losers, debtors are winners.

Comment

Furrow, I have to ask the question 40k wind directly blowing or a crosswind blowing towards a neighbours field and they sprayed right along a field edge?

Had a neighbour drift on me twice in a row nothing major just a few finger drifts - I felt it was a reasonable wind both times - 15k.

Comment

45 deg , SW , damage is out 150ft out plus
                Sprayed field is south and affected field is north

Comment

I did a crop check on some newly rented land and WOW!
                  These guys must have been drinking all afternoon waiting to go spraying! The headlands, ditch is all sprayed across the road is sprayed!
                  Thankfully I did not get zapped.
                  What I find interesting is that farmers will spend $200,000 to $450,000 for a sprayer, but its obvious they are not even smart enough to understand how it works!
                  The alternative is to put an employee behind the wheel and he can take the blame.

Comment

We touched up some of our own peas spraying tundra on some barley with a large fence line in between. Showing symptoms of tundra with the white new growth. We did not think it was that windy that day either. Need to be careful for sure. How does everyone settle crop damage because of spray drift?

Comment

It's obvious some of the "newer" chemicals are volatile.
                      You can do a great job controlling droplet drift and still get damage from the fumes.
                      All chemicals should have volatility ratings.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...