• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exactly like I figured ....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly like I figured ....

5 days after a few local wizards were spraying in 40 k winds ... Big time drift damage
    Wtf is the matter with guys heads ???????

Same shit here..Wind always blowing onto the neighbors crops..They just keep on going..

Comment

The big guys know zapping each other is all part of the game. What's 5 acres here and there on the grand scheme of things?
      Think of it as comaraderie.
      When your having beers at the golf club you can have a laugh about it. " Your boys zapped my roundup ready canola"
      "Yeah your boys zapped my invigor canola"
      "Well , with the system on the new sprayers the dealer told the boys they could really giver"
      "How much canola did you boys plant this year?"
      "About 1000 acres more than you boys"
      (Together) "A ha ha ha ha " (take a pull of beer).
      "Yeah, Im trying to get some family time out here at the lake with the old lady, but I got the boys doing fungicide, the agronomist did some counts and we got to giver"

Comment

I did nail myself....Velocity on peas...just on the egde, in varying depths. Neighbor got me the same way once but across a level back road. They did recover but I don't know how well these will. You know, it wasn't even that windy that day. Without barriers like trees, fences or a road between it can be tricky. I have an attitude of not pushing too hard if I get drifted by a neighbor in case I unintentionally return the favor! But I will diplomatically make them aware of it.

Comment

Same situation on our farm today, making neighbor aware of his drift... visiting on that level back road!
          at least he knows and will compensate if harvest is reduced...

Comment

Breadwinner,

Sorry x 2 this post, and a previous one.

It's just observation. To be fair, I go to the lake too. Then I am witness to these kinds of conversations and I think it's bizarre and amusing all at the same time.

Furrow does have a legitimate observation. what does a person do about it? Lawyer? What is it going to cost you to be right, defending your property? What if you drift onto neighbors ?

Comment

Two different scenarios. One where there is little wind and you get spray hanging which is not as easy to tell what will happen. But the other is when it's blowing your hat off towards a guys pea field and your spraying wheat. In that case honest the God there needs to be a few charges of property damage laid and publicized. Loosing a field for a large farmer may not be too costly but for smaller farmers loosing a field could be the difference of going on or not.

And wtf is going on with booms at 4 or feet high and the dealers saying their bullshit that the special nozzles don t drift. Fk that bullshit.

Comment

......or buy some different nozzles. I hate spray tips that spit out coarse globs.

Comment

Slow down and drop the pressure ??? Are you Fukin kidding in winds over 40k ?? Blowing right into a pea crop right beside you?
                  Your comment speaks volumes not so wise guy.

Comment

If it's 24d mcpa fluroxypyr or florasulam you would...

Comment

The field was sprayed in winds up to 43 k, SW last Thursday afternoon. The field exhibits exact drift damage from the SW . It is a clear cut case of drift from high winds, as seen by the cut off from the bush on 1/4 line . The drift damage extends well over 150ft to the NE all the way along except for the bush .
                      The effects are clear as day , go have a look .
                      Mistakes can happen , I agree , I have made my fair share but this made absolutely no sense . Never said anything about neighbors . Re read. A few local wizards.
                      Simply pointing out that this was going to happen and it did - there is no reason to be spraying in crop beside other crop that is not yours in high winds - if need be simply leave a 400ft buffer and go back when winds calm down or are more favourable . It's just common sense.
                      Health effects of spraying Chem ??? Not sure on that one.
                      Fishing with the family ? Are you a stalker ? Getting a little creepy there guy.

Comment

Actually the winds were recorded to a high of 52 k that afternoon , just sayin .
                        3 things
                        It' was not Saturday or Sunday
                        It is 100% drift damage
                        And is 100% visable from a mile away.
                        So wise guy who knows all - get your facts straight before you spout off .

Comment

Show some respect and leave a 300-400 buffer if spraying in high winds. That would be empathy .
                          Mistakes are generally not avoidable , this was easily avoidable.
                          Regardless , I am sure it will be addressed but something needs to be said about the spraying that was going on in extreem wind . There needs to be a lot more empathy for fellow farmers , I agree - this shows it.

Comment

same here , our local bto got some of ours and a friends also in another RM . this one just doesn't give a **** . this is seed alfalfa and it is f$&ked for 4-5 years . his problem is that he has a bunch of hired men , he also has to be going , no matter what ., because he needs more land , then he needs more machinery to farm the extra land , then he needs more men , then he has too much machinery and too many men and needs more land ..... round and round she goes

Comment

Today's farmers = idiots. Dumber than a sack of salt. Why would any farmer spray in those kinds of winds?
                              Brain-dead from the sounds of things.

And yes, I've seen damage from stupid farmers in a rush. It's a wonder that somebodies sprayer doesn't end up with multiple bullet holes in it.

Not that is a solution by any means but it might make them a bit more careful in the future.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...