• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quit seeding potholes!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quit seeding potholes!

a bunch of guys seeded potholes in the last few days , this afternoon theyre all full again . 2.5 " in 5 mins and hail on about 1/3 of our land. rest got about 7/10's ,here we go .we needed a rain but nothing ever in moderation anymore

Oh no, there won't be any pot. What now?

Comment

We need some rain here, but not that much... Sheesh.

Eventually would be nice to get those holes to produce again though .

Comment

We initially seeded through most of ours. Soil profile is filling though. Don't want to curse the rain in case it stops and doesn't start again! ...but we would have enough for a while now.

The warm dry "growing" weather will be welcome this coming week. Lets hope the hurricane winds aren't blowing so we can get spraying.

Comment

Case - I reversed the trend here , I top dressed last night think that rain was going to absolutely hit us - nope , she gone .
          So go blow on some liquid fert just before it is supposed to rain - then it won't lol

Comment

We had a dump of rain again last night. It seems the valley really is effecting rain patterns again this year. Storms come from the east on north side of valley get half way to long lake then turn or end. Or storms come out over Regina with min rain hit valley and explode.
            We were planning to go back and seed all potholes after the may long. Drills parked and thank god we didn't do that shit show. Yellow water runs started yesterday and areas of wheat that was up and flooded are turning black and dying. Ah 2010 all over again.

Comment

Clouds go over..1/10th at the yard..3 miles away..1/2 inch in 2 days..Some of our land will be way better than the rest..
              Now bring on the high winds for a few days.that will dry out every thing..

Comment

It's amazing SF3 how the clouds are drawn to your area. I was at White City watching as we got about a tenth and then it headed toward you and was just black, so maybe it was loading the chambre in Regina.

Comment

Hey , what's that little dudes name from Charllie Brown ??
                  Lioness or something?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Hey , what's that little dudes name from Charllie Brown ??
                    Lioness or something?
                    Lynas, I think.
                    Wife stay the hell out of unseeded potholes, 9 years out of 10 a total waste of time and money.
                    Made $2000 last year....that was the 10th?

Comment

Lol yup that's S/F
                      Potholes can be a waste some years here, but just sold my pothole peas from last year - $12,000 - should by the odd Pilsner this summer

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...