• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NE Sask hard frost

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NE Sask hard frost

Hard frost this morning in the northeast!! Haven't looked yet but there will definitely be some damage as there is wilted flowers etc in the yard.
    2015 all over again!!!

5.4 in Regina and Wet.

Comment

May 31-June 1, is July the only month it doesn't freeze in the Prairie grain belt?

Comment

yes

maybe not

yes

ok its Canada every month has wild temp swings

Comment

A meteroligist in a recent article on the cover of Western producer stated that the jet stream has weakened 15 percent since 1990 and has become more snake like undulating up into artic and down into the states. This leads to some extreme weather variations. He mentions that it could be caused by global warming
          But does he realize the magnetic field of Earth has also weakened by similar amount.

Comment

I guess anyone can say whatever they want as long as they don't need to prove it. Weather in Saskatchewan has always been a swinger, just saying. One day in the eighties I left Regina at nearly 100degrees, by the time I returned next day, our crops had frozen.

And if the magnetic field weakened by 15%, does that make me 15% lighter?

Comment

nope it means more solar radiation gets through the atmosphere and skin cancer is more problematic.

Comment

How big an area froze

Comment

It was 2.4 at our place..

Comment

3 in this northeast last night ?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      May 31-June 1, is July the only month it doesn't freeze in the Prairie grain belt?
                      July 1st 2009 we had a hard enough frost that there was a layer of ice I could lift off the dog's water bowl in the morning.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...