• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultra lo drift nozzles

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra lo drift nozzles

I have never used ultra lo drift nozzles but am thinking of trying them. Tired of worrying about drifting the neighbours.
    Is there a downside? I would appreciate any feedback. What do you guys use.

A lot of chemicals recommend medium sized droplets. Contact herbicides need coverage, systemic less so.

Instead of trying to get nozzles that can be used in hurricanes, days which no one should be applying herbicides anyway, try slowing down which should reduce pressure which can reduce the fine mist.

I try to pick a nozzle, that when used, has medium sized droplets in the middle of its operating range with the option of marginally lowering or raising the pressure and still.delivering medium.sized droplets.

And, oh yeah, drop those ****ing booms to a height where they're low enough not to loose overlap between the nozzles. With autoboom height control keeping booms low shouldn't be too much of an issue.

So slow down and drop your booms and pick nozzles with the majority of droplet sizes in the medium range.....unless you have a brazillion acres to cover then do what ever it takes to get it done...even if it means doing a poor job.

ps....don't let the price of nozzles scare you.....they're chump change compared to the amount of money you'll be shooting through them.

Weeze small potatoes...so someone who has to make the most.of available spray days could provide better options

Comment

we have about 4 sets of them . I like them . I sprayed some a while ago with extra coarse droplets ,04 's 12 gals water . worked really good . unfortunately there isn't enough days around here to get the heat and calm most of these f$&king chemicals want . so the ULD nozzles give us a little more time to spray . don't buy them from the green store like I did , they're good but same as a guardian which are a lot cheaper from co-op

Comment

What would Tom Wolf say?

Comment

Ya I don't want to leave the wrong impression. I don't want to spray in a hurricane. But I notice the Hypro Guardian Twin air seem to have quite a lot of mist blowing even in relatively low wind conditions. Likewise some of the other nozzles I have tried.
          And sometimes the wind gets up from the time you start mixing to when you are finished.
          Once mixed I am very reluctant to leave a full tank of certain chemical. I would like to explore a few different alternatives.

Comment

Air induction will not work if you have electronic solenoids pulsating your nozzels.On conventional sprayers Air Induction nozzles can lower drift but need to run 60-80 psi to get good coverage and medium droplet size. Stick to Air Bubble Jet if you go that route pricey but best. If you have Capstan, or version built for Case called Aim dial your pressure down to 20-30 on outside lap. Conventional sprayer slow down so pressures are low, keep that boom down.

Comment

Stay far away from any twin tips garbage.

Comment

Biglentil that is an interesting comment. We use twin turbojets and like them a lot. I use grey and put on anywhere from 7 to 10 gallons with an Aim command system.

We get good coverage and medium sized droplets.

On an old sprayer we used ABJs. A lot more fines with them.

Comment

Biglentil that is an interesting comment. We use twin turbojets and like them a lot. I use grey and put on anywhere from 7 to 10 gallons with an Aim command system.

We get good coverage and medium sized droplets.

On an old sprayer we used ABJs. A lot more fines with them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...