• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tweety

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tweety

I heeded your advice
    But I went out there this morning and what a sick feeling to see that
    One of the best pea crops I have ever had at this stage .
    Ruts and burn out circles all along the edge of a half section . I hope the peas stand up so we don't have to shave the ground or my blood pressure may realy go up.
    The watch is on by many here now
    Seems trivial after the loss of a great farming friend yesterday but talk about spiking ones emotion.

I guess I will have to go back and land roll that 80 AC again ? I hate to do it being on the wet side but if I don't it could be a real mess at harvest

Comment

Too late to run a roller over it? 80 acres? Oh man

Comment

If its that wet, how do they not get stuck?

Comment

They are lucky they never got stuck

Comment

Furrow, the absolute lack of respect for private property is astounding - especially at hunting season. Quads, dirt bikes, big trucks, and those stupid side by sides leaving big ruts.

And it is so hard to catch them in the act. So frustrating!!

Comment

I feel your pain furrow. People don't give a shit about private property unless it's their own. People from urban areas feel as though it's their right to be on your land. They seen to think that even though you own it you just get to use the top for a few months to crop it then it's anyone's to enjoy how they see fit. Why on earth are there not laws protecting land owners from these abusive pieces of shit. You can't trespass on anyones property in the city without penalty so why out in the country is it ok. People from saskatoon have to be the worst at hunting season. Something has to change because it's going to get a hell of a lot worse.

Comment

There was a guy this winter on a cold day walking thru our pasture. So I drive up to him and he starts giving me shit for ruining his coyote hunt blah blah blah.

I was going to give him a ride but just said I can drive where the **** I want on my land .... what a prick.

To his credit he drove out a few weeks later and apologized for his behavior. Rare.

Comment

MENTOR, Minn. — Two Saskatchewan residents were killed Wednesday in a two-vehicle crash in northwestern Minnesota after construction machinery landed on top of a pickup that hit a trailer, the Polk County sheriff’s office said.

Deputies responded around 3:45 p.m. to Polk County Roads 49 and 12, north of Mentor, where the crash occurred.

A Ditch Witch construction machine came off the trailer and landed on the pickup in the southwest ditch of the intersection.

The driver of the pickup and his 67-year-old passenger, also of Meota, both died at the scene. The victims were taken to the University of North Dakota Pathology Office for an autopsy.

The Garden Valley Telephone Co. driver was not injured.

The sheriff’s office said it would not release the victims’ names until next of kin were notified of the accident.

Comment

The next time it rains those dumb bastards will be out and we will be waiting . This has been going off and on for four years - enough is enough

Comment

I don't have any trouble with that around here, but then everything has a fence around it. More trouble with neighbors cattle crawling through fences. I feel your frustration, Are you a good enough shot to flatten some tires on a moving vehicle, that would leave some good evidence?

The really ironic part of the city folks is this; When they move out to the country, they are the most territorial about their piece of paradise. No hunting, No Trespassing signs everywhere. Very confrontational if anyone dares look at their property the wrong way.

Comment

Furrowtickler, be careful. Remember your peas are not nearly as precious as you are to your family. I don't know what you could contribute to Agriville from the pen. Let the cops handle these guys. They are paid and armed.

Comment

Ya I know , it's not worth that much trouble .
                          Police are investigating now anyway.
                          But I just want to know who they are for sure
                          Ya Larry , that is terrible news . I looked up to Alan as a mentor , sad loss for sure

Comment

Tried to go over there today but I can't get away from the corn planters . Maybe tonight even just to shake hands and give a few hugs and a beer with Jason. He will have his hands full now as they seed early and crops are ready to spray.
                            My sprayer and me are ready to go if need be for him. They will have enough to deal with the next ten days . Sad that Al's wife is over in Estonia , tough to be that far away when a tragedy like this happens . Just terrible

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...