• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold versus CAD

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold versus CAD

farming101, could you overlay the CAD over the price of gold (oz, US or CAD????) on a chart that has gold's high and low or enough years to make it worthwhile.

Or could someone give me a lead to a website that would let me do it.

Thanks in advance.

Barcharts
    Gold 25 yr chart
    add in the can dollar

Iceman out

Comment

Got to wonder where the new trading range will be. First half of 25 year chart isn't very exciting. Today about $1600 CAD ...yikes? Look what Sask farmland has done in recent years, but likely plateauing

Any "opinions"? Chart reading is a bit like a foreign language to me.

Comment

Here you go. CAD red line

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gold CADUSD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	764919

Comment

Pretty simple expect to see an exponential steepening of the gold price curve to the upside to keep up with the rapidly balooning money supply.
          Last edited by biglentil; May 26, 2016, 04:20.

Comment

Imagine a chart for land around any city or gravel pits.

Comment

Comment

Look at the nice rain Biglentil. What could be finer than a rain near Reginer?

Comment

Taking into consideration where gold is now priced and the value of the CAD, it doesnt look like there would have been a worse time to buy in the last 25 years than now. One thing I have no clue about is where gold will go or what trading range, if any, it would settle into.

Thanks for the charts people.

Any other comments regarding buying, etc?

Comment

Truth is the value of gold never changes its the purchasing power of the dollar that has been on a steady decline since 71. An once of gold 100 years ago was said to buy a very nice tailored suit, the same holds true today. If you are looking for significant upside potential buy silver.
                    Last edited by biglentil; May 26, 2016, 08:09.

Comment

I was just looking to buy an ounce for each of my kids and put it in the safety deposit box...just a novelty but timing looks bad.

The stuff does seem "worthless" to me. Seems its a "mental" thing. What real value does it have. Jewelry, electronics... Seems some countries don't even use it as a currency backstop anymore.

Cotton?
                      Last edited by farmaholic; May 26, 2016, 08:50.

Comment

farmaholic: If you want something of value for your kids then buy them some "land" or if you're not too flush...some garden seeds. They will get more out of the garden seeds and stay ahead of inflation as their return will be reasonably current and not sometime in the far future.

Once you start arguing the merit of buying gold or other precious metal it could go on ad-nausea on this forum.

With inflation eating up ALL of my bank savings, I am starting to believe in buying what I want NOW and to hell with tomorrow. The "Consumer Society" has become the way of life in today's world.

Comment

farmaholic: If you want something of value for your kids then buy them some "land" or if you're not too flush...some garden seeds. They will get more out of the garden seeds and stay ahead of inflation as their return will be reasonably current and not sometime in the far future.

Once you start arguing the merit of buying gold or other precious metal it could go on ad-nausea on this forum.

With inflation eating up ALL of my bank savings, I am starting to believe in buying what I want NOW and to hell with tomorrow. The "Consumer Society" has become the way of life in today's world.

Comment

Comment

Three postings of one message...another example of BAD programming in the old Agriville software.

Oh well, I see a lot of that happening.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...