• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grow Forward 3 going forward needs great minds consulting to make it work

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow Forward 3 going forward needs great minds consulting to make it work

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-05-03-16.48.03-300x142.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	777197 Harry Siemens – Manitoba’s new minister of agriculture, Ralph Eichler wants his department to work closing on the Growing Forward 2 program as it comes up for renewal in 2018.

“Right off the bat we have the new Growing Forward 2 program up for renewal that will be a priority for us,” says Eichler. “If you remember going back when I was the previous ag critic, I talked much about consultation. We have to get this program right.”

Well, on Monday Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food Lawrence MacAulay announced a website designed to seek feedback from stakeholders that will help shape the development of the next agricultural policy framework.[URL="http://bit.ly/1VeABQQ"]http://bit.ly/1VeABQQ[/URL]

I have to admit my head hurts when I think of all of the paperwork and now the programs are going to be changed again with the new Libs in power.

Am I the only one NOT excited about the new GF3 or what ever they call it?

Comment

Dak do you think the Con's would have or should it be left as it is?
      Don't think it matters who is in power it will be rewritten. Not sticking up for Libs but don't think they are to blame for change.

Ijust hope that there is time and thought put into full outcomes of the changes that are made. Somethimg that I question if yhe last gov't did in many of the changes they made.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
        Dak do you think the Con's would have or should it be left as it is?
        Don't think it matters who is in power it will be rewritten. Not sticking up for Libs but don't think they are to blame for change.

Ijust hope that there is time and thought put into full outcomes of the changes that are made. Somethimg that I question if yhe last gov't did in many of the changes they made.

Good point wmoebis,

Put me in the camp that I think there needs to be changes and maybe skeptical that they will develop programs that will work for more of us.

Comment

Times have changed, maybe we should look at farming like any other business. Do our large corporate farms need support programs?

Comment

agstar77, define large. Economies of scale dictate a certain size for viability. And I don't want to hear anything about having new eveything and not needing it. I don't care, and its none of my business, where individuals get in on the equipment's useful lifespan cycle(to each their own).

People should be able to make a living at this with modest debt and average crops. If you want to extend yourself beyond those parameters it might have to be your risk. Its the "average crops" thing that isn't bankable and that should be "insurable". And that is what Ag Stab does.....it's an accrual
            snapshot of a production year with allowable sales and allowable expenses, the expenses like iron and debt and others not really pertaining to the actual production of the crop are your risk(please don't argue with me what should be allowable or not, I didn't make the rules) . It's the trigger that is ****ed up not the nuts and bolts of the program itself.

Comment

Holy ****.

1. Evraz gets provincial money.
              2. They are working on a 1.3 billion deal for bombardier.
              3. Riverhurst and lucky lake irrigation projects taxpayer funded and maintained.
              4. GM and Chrysler on a steady drip.

And you guys talk about not being subsidized.

Wtf is wrong with you people.

Comment

To continue....

5. Assiniboa partnership direct to CPPIB.

6. Anyone want to discuss the price of the power line to the Bethune potash mine. ? Maybe notice the size of power line to mosaic sometime. ... hint they generate their own.

7. Want to discuss the waterline feeding the industrial area at belle Plaine.

You guys think your crop insurance subsidy from the government is a big deal. Holy ****..... evraz uses one power plant to melt steel. Billions in listed subsidies and could think of more.

Run farming like a business. ... give me a break.

Comment

Canadian economy has long since ceased to be a free enterprise economy.

Comment

Unfettered capitalism does not exist in Canada. Subsidies for business exist at every turn.

What farmers need is more competition in our input supply chain. Unfortunately the competition there is reduced all the time.

Comment

Different risk management programs have different caps on subsidy money based on farm size.
                      Crop insurance seems to be exception with no limit other than acres.
                      Governments and taxpayers might want to consider whether they want to encourage and support fewer larger operations or a multitude of smaller ones.
                      Think U.S. also has limits on farm bill payments to favour smaller operations.
                      Moral hazard in both countries for lawyers and accountants to find ways around limits just as there is with graduated tax levels that favour smaller operations.
                      No easy answer on how far to go to favour efficiency of larger operations that also may have greater risk.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...