• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hired help

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its pretty easy on modern kit not to realise you have a puncture.
    did it myself the other day, if i hadnt got out the cab, i wouldnt have noticed and screwed the tyre.

Comment

you're right hog. had a flat on the cult and did not know it until I folded up finishing the field. I did not screw the tire as it was fresh flat. To much time on the smart phone made me dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
        its pretty easy on modern kit not to realise you have a puncture.
        did it myself the other day, if i hadnt got out the cab, i wouldnt have noticed and screwed the tyre.
        I'm guessing the autosteer compensated and the only time he would have noticed would be on the corners.
        My neighbor stopped me one day as I pulled into my yard to tell me my nh3 wagon had lost the pin and I was pulling by the safety chain and when I stepped out of the cab I saw my left front tire was completely flat. I looked like an idiot going down the road like that but the field I'd pulled out of was 1/4 mile away and I stopped for a piss before leaving the field and the tire was good (at least not noticeably low). It must have been low enough to unbead on the corner?
        It all looks easy to prevent if it wasn't you in the drivers seat...

Comment

Some would say he was a good man.

Was helping a guy once. Saw a huge bulge on rear tractor tire, so shut down and went to the yard to tell him, so could fix before lose fluid or left me at far end of field. He gave me hell and said "drive her until she blows, get back out there".

Comment

You will look back on this in 10 years and realize that this guy did you a favor. #keepthegator

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...