• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday crop report on Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday crop report on Thursday!

Well finally got going Saturday afternoon after the rain event from last week.
    3/4 inch was nice that's the way a rain should be not insane three inch or more every day or two.
    Seeding is moving along very nice and most guys are so happy to be back. End to end seeding on a lot of fields and you can actually see if a normal summer they most will be back next year.
    We hit the 70% done by tonight. It is such a great feeling to actually seed most days and not get stuck or play in mud.
    Land still spongy and wet but at least you can seed. I seeded a flat 100 acre parcel which hasn't had crop for 6 years. Wow what a feeling good thing I dropped flooded to low coverage.
    Hrs is mostly up just the later seeded just popping out.
    Durum up but thinner than I like maybe should of went heavier but hopefully will stool out.
    Peas are up and at two nodes.
    Barley is just poking out and looks nice.
    Canola we started this week seeding and best conditions ever. Clean wet fields. Just right.
    Most smaller farmers are wrapping it up larger have a week left.
    BTO has left the province and will not be coming back to farm in our area. Judge sent a signed release and Land is available to rent.
    Rain predicted for Saturday or Sunday could wait a week and all would be done.
    Best thing ever is a inch of rain as you drive home with the drill after your done seeding.
    Be safe out their it's just a crop.
    Family at home is way more important.
    Have a great day anhydrous is here.

Wind wind wind!
    Finally a couple nice days to clean up catch up or what ever. Fly the drone.

Comment

What kind of drone do you have?
      My nephew showed me his and did some pictures for us.
      I am interested to see if we can use it to scout etc this summer.

Comment

Phantom 4
        That's why we got it done fields are sections by reserve. No roads three sides.

Comment

I was thinking of getting a drone too, but only time the winds are calm enough is at night.

Comment

Wheat's up..Looking good.
            Done seeding today..
            Some low area that is flooded by the C D ditch..If we get NO rain for 3 weeks..Otherwise done..

Comment

Just finished too! Rain dance tonight! Huts swingin by with supper and wine, and they r still 5 days out from finishing.

Comment

We are done. Now we'll wear out the knees in our jeans.

Comment

Lucky for us who can seed, or are done..
                  Relate at Foam Lake was to wet to start..Then got 1.8 inches in the last dump..Still zero acres seeded..
                  What a difference..

Comment

sumdum - don't do it ... just walk away - been there
                    Go haul grain or whatever for a week

Comment

I think farming still makes SF3 hard.....lol. He sure seems to still enjoy it. Feels more like the "yoke of burden" to me. :-)

I have nothing to report that already hasn't been said in other posts..... other than, Please grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.....

Comment

Two ways to look at it partners
                        Plant $250 in the dust - its possibly gone
                        Plant zero and still have a few bucks in the bank to feed your family .... Not the rest of AG industry
                        Tough call IMO

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...