• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on Liberty

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Liberty

Has anyone compared using Liberty at 1.6 liters per acre with centurion or using the Liberty at 1.6 on its own for wild oat control? Centurion is a systematic herbicide and Liberty a desiccant, it would seem to me that the plant would die before the centurion could be translocated. You also use a very low rate of 25-50 ml per acre of centurion. I realize Liberty needs warm sunny weather for maximum effect. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
    Has anyone compared using Liberty at 1.6 liters per acre with centurion or using the Liberty at 1.6 on its own for wild oat control? Centurion is a systematic herbicide and Liberty a desiccant, it would seem to me that the plant would die before the centurion could be translocated. You also use a very low rate of 25-50 ml per acre of centurion. I realize Liberty needs warm sunny weather for maximum effect. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.
    Last few years we've been going 1.35 by itself early then another 1.35 and centurion later. 40 to 60 acres per case depending how much wild oats

Comment

Can't comment on Liberty but if you want to make Round Up hot and very effective add a little sodium salt.

Comment

Liberty is a weak chemical. Needs help with wild oats. Wonder how long until we are putting 2L/ac.

Comment

Tell me more about adding sodium salt. How much, and in what form, i.e. table salt?

Comment

i would give anything if someone could tell me how to make that shit (liberty) work ? AMS ? 5 gal versus 10 gal ? with centurion versus without ? humidity ? we have been spraying 1.6 lit twice at 10 gals , really hit and miss ? last year sprayed first app cold out and worked perfect , next app 1.6 lit on perfect hot day .may as well pissed on it . rep said spray it again at my expense

Comment

I have used liberty for many years and just about always use a one pass only at the 1.34 acre rate and the addition of centurion at the one third rate, or slightly higher if needed. I Dont cheap out on water and spray at just over 10 gal/acre and spray early. I start with a clean field before seeding so I dont have much for weed issues. Adding Centurion in my opinion is way better than just upping the Liberty rate.

Comment

By sodium salt , I mean MCPA Sodium. For thistle patches and hard to kill weeds amd around yardsites heat up you round-up. Weeds are dead Fred, never to return, not 2 weeks from now tomorrow.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...