• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge System west of us.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge System west of us.

See Environment Canada Satellite for Western Canada ir. It would be nice if that baby would moey on our way, Canola will be done tomorrow.

Really nothing in the forecast for us til Monday, then they are only saying 60% chance of showers. Too many days away to get "hopeful".

There is likely a high pressure ridge blocking that system. Didn't have a chance to read Drew's forecast yet.

Re canola crop, we planted into good moisture but there has been STRONG DRYING CONDITIONS since then....I don't want to look. We did plant it deeper than we normally would like to have so hopefully it will be ok. Probably still better than the conditions some people are dealing with.

In retrospect, we would have been better off planting before the "ever uncertain" rain event. If I knew it was going to rain I sure as hell wouldn't be farming.

It always seems to turn out..... in spite of all the fretting, hand wringing, and the emotional roller coaster ride..... I HOPE!!!!!

Good luck and work safe!

Comment

Ya not sure what to think
      We had 5 days of 60-70% now down to maybe one day here
      Hope northern Aberta gets er though

Comment

...and then there's always the chance of a hard downpour "cementing" deep seeded canola in! Ain't I just the most optimistic fellow you've ever met!? lol.

Comment

Yup , don't think it's going to amount to much here
          There will be a sliver of area from Meadow Lake to Rosetown that may continue to be the only area in western Canada without much rain since snowmelt by the looks of it

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...