• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry strong winds...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry strong winds...

Now doing more harm than the -5 last week

.....my nemesis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just gross!!!!

Comment

How big of area needs rain asap?

From where to where to there?

Comment

I hate drought. It's so destructive. One thing is the roots will be strong and deep, when you do get rain. You will be surprised how it will stool with a rain. South East wind brings rain and its gotta warm up real good to bring rain, I seem to think anyway. I am asking the big guy for another shot after 3 more days of Canola seeding. Just sayin!

Comment

Give me a shot now and another shot after canola is in. That's all I ask for. Dry dry dry and strong winds here now.

Comment

need it here , we managed to go since Sunday but 75 percent haven't turned a wheel in ten days. lucky we have some fall worked ground

Comment

Weather extremes either a scorching wind straight from south or a freezing cold wind from the North. Soakin wet some places in this province, dry as a bone others. Par for the course or a deviation from the norm. Climate change, something else or nothing else. Does anyone really know?

Seeding at 3 degrees off of true north on the mile right now wind right up my arse. Keep them rads clean boyz.

Comment

Wind gone here. "Germinating shower" on the way. More in store for the May long.

Comment

Germination party whoo hooo

Comment

My apologies in advance......

Why doesn't the wind just **** off.....

Comment

was seeding, and I admit I have sprayed on some wind days. but a guy pulls in to the 1/2 section beside me . in the very worst of it today and sprays the whole thing.
                        don't know where it ended up Prince albert ?
                        the wife lost the storm door off the house about the same time.
                        that is the problem , with some of the bigger operators . you drive the sprayer 10 miles to the field , then what do you do . just sit. the fert spreader and the seeder are just a few hr.s behind.
                        nothing for rain yet but it looks like it actually could . hearing 60-70% chances in the forecast.
                        there is hope
                        saw the effects of the big frost, my last field was just polluted with rr canola. they are all dead .
                        wild oats singed to the ground,
                        guy who lives near there said it was -9

Comment

This spraying in the wind is out of control. Trees were losing branches yesterday and high clearance sprayers going. Ya you have to get stuff done but seriously can't see it working too well, the ditch grass might be dead and we will all lose the ability to spray at all if the enviro s latch on to this bone.
                          There should be a revival of flexi ground sprayers with wind screens and low drift tips for spring spraying. It's often windy in spring but this year has been particularly so.

Comment

Furrow - What's with that big bad expensive independent drill doing in your field?!?

Comment

Lol - Elton John from the rack - pea plots again

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...