• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something new tried ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something new tried ..

We are spraying pre burn ahead of drill on canola acres with liquid sulfur and round up - no water
    Tried some last fall with very good results
    Using 7.5 gal of sulfur with round up and bromox.
    Saves us almost 50 AC per fill on drill and using the sectional control on sprayer. Did 2000 AC so far this spring .

Isn't the liquid fert pretty hard on the sprayer's condition? Doesn't that shit eat everything?

Comment

Sounds interesting and decreases the amount of filling time for your seeding operation.

Farmaholic has a valid concern, I would assume a pressure washer gets used quite often when spraying liquid sulphur?

What tips are you using?

Comment

Most sprayers have stainless or plastic tanks and fittings, so provided your not sloshing it all over the place, it shouldn't be a corrosion issue.

I have also noticed that UAN drifts very little compared to using water.
        Furrow, do you notice that with the ATS?

Comment

Yup big diff in drift
          Getting virtually none on sprayer.
          I just gave the boons a quick wash down with the water truck and a fire nozzle . Washes off immediately. Only had to do it twice, mostly just fine dust around nozzles

Comment

Wise guy if you ever had a valid explanation for anything on here you might be taken seriously.

Comment

I never allow fertilizer in my sprayer. Good bye resale value.

Comment

Thought the fert burns the weeds folliage off before the glypho has a chance to translocate. Weeds come back.

Comment

My sprayer will still be worth more than some who travel at 20 mph and wreck their booms . Or run their sprayers through mud daily just to go straight through , they are liquid application units - not monster trucks . It's funny those guys who run the shit out of their stuff are the guys who have wheel motor issues and cracked booms - always the same guys .
                  Long story sort , I am not concerned one bit on my resale, I have only been slightly stuck once and booms never touch the ground on 30,000 AC with this one. Ie we have a lot of water here in places - even still now.

Comment

I did side by side spray with and without sulfur last fall - no diff in weed control. I was told by guys who do it the spring is no difference. So far the first stuff I did looks to be toast .
                    I also tried some sulfur in with round up and treflan ahead of peas.

Comment

Oliver I am using 04's , bypass the AIM , and set up the liquid pwm valve.
                      Ruining 14-16 mph at 38-45 psi in manual
                      On the case with viper pro there are a few settings to change - takes about 30 sec once you get the right ones .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...