• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something new observed ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something new observed ...

Local wana be bto's rolled into an area with all outfits today . Sprayers , heavy harrows , and seed chickens .
    Well the sprayer started followed by the heavy harrow 1/2 hr later then followed by the chickens within an hr or spraying .
    Very interesting take on "new " farming lol
    BTW I don't quite get the $600,000 "no till " drills that need heavy harrowing in fall and in spring just ahead them - WTF ?
    So a mill $ outfit still needs a $400,000 tractor ahead with 80 ft $80,000 harrow to do the job ????

I am missing something I guess ?? Straw conditions are so dry on top an ole press drill could direct seed into 90% of the fields here .

This high tech, big acre , big iron thing has now gone full retard . That is completely senseless
    Oh and it froze again this morning

Comment

If ya got the tools, well ya got to use em!
      Gotta beat that soil into submission!

Comment

By the book furrow, by the book.

And the rest of that saying might go something like this....book smart but practically stupid.

Comment

Each to their own I guess but that whole thing just makes me shake my head

Comment

I think the bigger you get, the less attention paid to detail. Starting to see it here with guys who can't get enough. Funny thing is they aren't doing a stellar job on what they had, but need more. ****in ridiculous. Not my problem.

Comment

In our area we got another guy who has gone "special". Brand new JD cultivators followed by a brand new NH3 rig, followed by a brand new seed hawk, pulled by brand new JD tracked tractors. All equipment is on its first season. WTF is the point of all the burned fuel, and to waste all that tillage with a independent opener drill, boggles the mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheatking View Post
                In our area we got another guy who has gone "special". Brand new JD cultivators followed by a brand new NH3 rig, followed by a brand new seed hawk, pulled by brand new JD tracked tractors. All equipment is on its first season. WTF is the point of all the burned fuel, and to waste all that tillage with a independent opener drill, boggles the mind.
                The JD salesman will get a decent Christmas bonus it sounds like.

Comment

Good deal with the MUD

Comment

two kinds of farmers. the ones with a seedhawk and those that wish they had one. good grief. a lot more reasons to use heavy harrows than just to manage straw for seeding tool bar effincency.

Comment

My BTO neighbors do an awesome job. They grow huge crops very efficiently .

Comment

Furrow - you sound a bit mad that they seed all pioneer canola but don't buy any from you 😳

Comment

I kid Furrow I kid

Comment

Wheatking, any chance there are a few "new" sprayers also

What a waste. To me its signs of a farm searching for answers because what they have been doing isn't working or the numbers aren't working.

A real shame when a farm has too much cash and just wastes it just to show off. An even bigger shame if its a farm running millions in debt and have no idea where they are going

Comment

From personal experience, being under-equipped is worse than over. I used to pass myself running from one job to the next! Now at least the pace is tolerable....old legs don't move as fast as young ones. No more jumping off equipment. So the longer this old bone rack can stay in the seat by filling fewer times or getting the job done quicker because the drill is bigger and I don't have to do it as long....the better, for me!

Being over equipped also enables tasks to be done on a more "timely" basis.

And better yet is a set of fresh young legs, lots of energy, new ideas......

Most days I don't realize how good I got it "Captain".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...