• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you spray?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do you spray?

When it is time to spray is it time to spray? When do you prefer your burnoff spraying? -2 here last night, for and hour and -1 for two hours before that. Three hours of frost. Guys were out at seven spraying this morning, some out at nine thirty last night spraying. Think neighbor is right, that is why I hate this new farming, cause I have always tried to be a perfectionist. Cannot be that in this new game. Just go when you can, don't worry, then blame someone after if not happy it is not right.

I try and spray my cereals the day before emergence if possible. But in these conditions, yeah it can be tough to hit it right. Fortunately or unfortunately, our fields are not yet fit. By the time they are, risk of frost will be low, and there will be more growth out there too.

Comment

Where's hobby? Resident expert authority on everything spraying?

Comment

I've learned the hard way a couple of times that not spraying is worse than spraying under shitty conditions. I also expect control to be cut by at least a third following a spring frost.

Comment

my sprayer was froze a couple of days ago busted some fittings sprayed 2 days later

Comment

I like to wait until daytime temp hits 10. Need the plant actively growing imo.

Comment

I've been using 28-0-0 instead of water the last couple of days and things are crispy the next day. The Roundup is just insurance.

Comment

Well..... I like to spray right at the end. I'm not selfish like that, I wait and wait then throw one across her bow for a big finish.

Comment

Oops. Wrong forum

Comment

Rarely ever done ANY spring burn off. We fall apply a dry blend, harrow in spring and seed. Post harvest got rid of all weeds, only volunteer wheat in canola, volunteer canola in wheat. In crop gets them. but always wait till +10C to spray in crop. Rather NOT hurt crop or NOT have weeds actively growing.

Comment

It's been interesting here , sprayers going through 40 k plus .
                      Crop up now , wind is now down.
                      Seen sprayers out at -1 and -2 here the past few days .
                      The envelope has been pushed all the *** over .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...