• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is everyone? In the field? Bwahahahahahaha!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you get the weather you're looking for fj!

We have been given a stay of execution here, a new lease on life. We will need rain later again, like everyone does after a while.

It's a tough living, a risky living, stressful living.
    It can be as bad as the worst roller coaster ride ever built....almost bi-polar. As I've said, not for the faint of heart or anyone who knows better.

Comment

A few years back, seeded 2 quarters to timothy, bought a new square baler, bale wagon..thoughts of sugar plums and dollars...followed by a drought that lasted a couple of years ...timothy needs moisture...China market dropped off....and BSE hit. A buddy also said " do you want to spend the summer waiting for hay.."
      But, timing can be "a money maker"...not necessarily if you are smarter...or a harder worker..luck and timing can make a big difference.
      Look at my home Alberta...had everything, then Oil tanks, forest burns and little moisture for ag...timing can be everything!
      May be the right time!

Comment

Runnin my ass off , seedin , fixin, gettin corn planters ready, checkin frozen shit, loading seed , unloading the seed . Haulin fert to drill , a little welding and cutting , delivering seed .... Just anouther day here . What day is it lol

Comment

Oh and it's dry and dusty as hell to boot .
          Got guys with seed in dry dirt now after 5 days - it's going Fukin great 👍👍

Comment

Farms holiday.that is how I feel 100% .always stressful when you farm for money and not with money.

Comment

Farmholic.dam spell check

Comment

It's Tuesday. Years ago a landlord of ours from BC retired and decided to come and farm, seeding and harvest. After the first year he always joked that it was Tuesday. Everyday was Tuesday because it just didn't matter they were all the same for a month in spring and another in fall. He had been a bean counter and never experienced anything like the farm time crunch.

Comment

Its the nature of farming, every year is a crapshoot. That's what farmers enjoy, isn't it? We are just 2 little rains away from laughing or crying.

Comment

Its the nature of farming, every year is a crapshoot. That's what farmers enjoy, isn't it? We are just 2 little rains away from laughing or crying. As long as the family is happy is all that really matters.

Comment

Sorry about he repost. This Wifi is so fast, I can't tell if if posted. 5 G either flys or it farts.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        Sorry about he repost. This Wifi is so fast, I can't tell if if posted. 5 G either flys or it farts.
                        You are definitely NOT with yourlink. What is your ISP?

Comment

Sasktel, but Believe me, there's a lot to be desired. When they changed us over, the box was too far from the receiver, even in the same house. We spent days complaining to the techs and finally they came out and did a reinstall, now about 60 percent. Its frozen a lot of times and you lose connection and have to relog in to everything all the time. Just give me back 3G. I push submit and nothing happens for 5 minutes or never, push it again and it sends twice.

Comment

Halfway through first round of tillage. Its nice to be turning wheels. Tractor therapy. Identical to lrevious posts, fixing small stuff, chase around for repairs. Very similar thoughts on the risk/reward of farming and the bipolar comment.
                            "This is incredibly awesome what a great day, 1.5 hours later.... WTF?!! Thats going be expensive and I will be down for 2 days. I shoulda sold this place and just been the millionaire with no headaches!"
                            I usually introduce my farm helper as my psychiatrist.

Comment

Nice.to hear you can get hired help hobby....I'm so miserable no one will work for me, hell, I don't even want to work for myself!

Comment

Nice.to hear you can get hired help hobby....I'm so miserable no one will work for me, hell, I don't even want to work for myself!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...