• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Input Capital

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't think anyone who owns land wants to see it depreciate! But at the levels its trading at now the economics are getting scary. You will either need a wad of cash to pay it down to a level where someone will finance it or have a pile of paid for land to subsidize the payments, or better yet, both!

I've said it before, almost an elitists game now.

There are young fellows in the district that would like to but can't buy any. They aren't willing, or can't pay the going price. Yet can find the resources to go dig their toes in the Caribbean sand and take selfies of themselves standing knee deep in the ocean,..nearly every year. Make up your mind. It used to be a married couples' goal to get to Hawaii(or some other resort) once in a lifetime, now they want it all now. A sign of affluence or misguided priorities?
    I made my fair share of sacrifices! To each their own.....

Comment

SK wheatking, who said they WANT land values too drop?

Comment

Exactly Farmaholic

Cost of living is gonna be a big killer going forward and It was in the past.
        One can operate a very large farm out of 30k pickup the same as with a 90k pickup. Wife's ride can have more than 100 000 Kms on them. But hey I guess when the drill is pulling a 1000bus cart you need to look busy doing drive bys around the area.

Cost of Land or any asset right now is a direct representation of availability of money, cash receipts and interest cost. If one of the three moves the other way than the asset will decrease.

As people have said on here before. Be careful what you guys are wishing for! Cash will be king again. And not that government hand out cash advance

Iceman things are pretty good now

Comment

Have a piece of property in Nisku...who would have thought it would be half of value in 1 year....
          Cycles...they do happen, will happen, timing is everything..but...

Comment

Hmmm , absolutely no one can remember 2008 ????
            A million dollar house on a golf course could be bought in 2010 for $250,000.
            It can happen and will happen - anything who thinks not is a village idiot imo

Comment

Believe this is more like the 1980's...major oil over supply, world wide recession...although interest rates were high, don't think people had the kind of debt we do today.
              That downturn lasted along time...about 15 years before any major shift in property price levels...

Comment

Right on perfecho. Couldn't agree more.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...