• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only three...count em...three responses

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking. Do you really have the facts or are you making this up on the fly?

I can tell by your tone you have already decided you know everything.

I think before you make wild accusations against anyone, you should make sure you know what you are talking about.

Unless you are in the alfalfa seed business you probably don't know that well done, alfalfa seed cleaning will remove what were once considered inseparable seeds in many cases.

Your other assumptions about where products are likely sold and used is totally wrong because you don't know that unless you are running the business. You probably don't even realize there is a large alfalfa seed sprout market.

Anybody who is sensible and responsible requests a full seed analysis on purchasing alfalfa and the seller won't be able to market product that doesn't meet specifications that are required. Some farmers may not do due diligence because they are too busy and don't care.

Did you get the full seed analysis report when you last seeded alfalfa or grass? Do you have a seed analysis on all your farm cleaned seed? Because if you don't, then you could be planting noxious weeds.

Comment

The real solution to this issue is an independent cost benefit analysis and legislated economic and environmental impact analysis done before products are approved for sale.

Even though it makes business sense to to do a cost benefit analysis many farm groups argue against them because decisions should be only "science based". Largely these are groups that are very pro GM crops and think the market should decide everything. Many of the food crop organizations have rejected GM crops because of market issues.

Any industry/business that is competent always does a cost benefit analysis.

Class action suits are a last resort when all other avenues have failed. Farmers are usually too disorganized and independently minded to organize one.

Comment

Quote White cockle causes seed purity issues in timothy, alfalfa and clover because seed growers find the seeds impossible to clean from the crop. UNQUOTE

Thats the story in a nutshell. Just because anyone repeats otherwise is just an indication of denial on their part.

Alfalfa doesn't compete wellat all. The situation continues to deteriorate for years at the rate of some 24,000 additional similar sized and similar shape seeds per plant (as the alfalfa seed being grown) . Thus the definition of an inseparable seed.
        Geezy Kris. Don't listen to those who can't even admit undisputable facts.

Comment

I've seen the facts growing, I've heard the facts, and I've touched the facts.

Since you are a tree hugger, why don't you walk by in a month, or two and taste and smell the facts.

Better yet, rent a conference room upstairs, and talk to yourself.

Comment

Maybe first one needs to know what a weed seed is.. but I really don't have any desire for entering that discussion.

And it sure looks like a cost to benefit analysis showed it wasn't worthe the trouble to separate inseperable seeds.

There is now a permanent problem for both future land owners and the whole area with a well established noxious weed problem.

Clip on?????

Comment

Okay you guys are right I am wrong. The world is black and white. You know everything and I know nothing. You have the true facts, mine are just made up. Everyone elses opinion or world view doesn't matter. As long as everyone agrees with you you're happy. There is no room at your inn for non-believers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...