• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre burn ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre burn ...

How are others doing ?
    Around here it's been driving everyone nuts - the wind will not go down till late at night . Now temps over night will be close to freezing
    Daytime winds are continuing to be 30-40 k

Driving me nuts. Can't any spraying done. Sitting and waiting

Comment

Originally posted by tstep View Post
      Driving me nuts. Can't any spraying done. Sitting and waiting
      Finally got the remainder of a tank out that had sat since saturday night. Perhaps i just need to buy one of those expensive high clearance units like the neighbors were flying around with the last few days... showers, wind, freezing temps overnight, or blazingly hot daytime temps don't seem to bother those units.

Comment

Helmsdale those are US Mail sprayers. Rain, Wind and Snow they go

Icy Out

Comment

Ya j ve seen the results of the wind sprayers,just because it's preseed doesn't mean their drifting chemical won't hurt the neighbors crop even before its seeded.
          Saw a neighbor have very crappy peas about 200 feet in from the other neighbor that presprayed his wheat last year.
          Honestly there needs to be a look at tougher responsibility placed in guys spraying without regards for others property. Accident is an accident but with wind gusts blowing the dirt off the road and guys are spraying??? Should be charged actually.

Comment

Keep spraying. Windy or not, The chemical has got to land somewhere.

Comment

Spray all crop land post harvest...we do not have a green plant growing anywhere. Volunteers now but all will die in crop. Fleas will get canola in the wheat. Same here windy high clearance sprayers..got to go.

Comment

yea right on fj, spraying after harvest till it snows always works best . LAST field in the fall sprayed always works best on our farm , we got some green in our early dessicated wheat and peas tho (August) shoulda sprayed em again

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  yea right on fj, spraying after harvest till it snows always works best . LAST field in the fall sprayed always works best on our farm , we got some green in our early dessicated wheat and peas tho (August) shoulda sprayed em again
                  Pre harvest is TOO early for some weeds and perhaps shaded by good thick crops. Strange that COLD does not ruin effectiveness of post harvest? Yet in spring not actively growing will reduce kill, like now at +2C.

Comment

they tell me it's because weeds are loading up for winter . don't know . all I know is that it always works in late fall
                    years ago had an old 220 coupe with no heater , it was so cold when I was finishing up couldn't see out windows anymore , frosted up . worked perfect , tips even froze on the way home
                    lots of people are missing good opportunities to clean up land in fall by listening to the experts , lol

Comment

Same here, had a very quack infested field, sprayed at +4 on Oct 15 and after that never warmed up. Thought I pissed away the $$. Zero quack in that field 15 years later. 100% kill, at almost winter.

Comment

Cleanest fields are the latest fall sprayed on my farm.

The preharvest burn down was too early to get a good kill.

It greened up so I did it again.

Wish I had done more.

Oh but did I mention the time I froze the sprayer up thinking minus 3 isn't too bad?

I was feeling pretty good about getting a couple days of spraying in until this 2" plus rain showed up.

Comment

So now with the next couple night of minus temps, how long should a guy wait before heading out with sprayer?

Comment

Normally a couple days but I have peas ready to come thru so as soon as the ground is half ass firm.

Sucks to lose a sprayer hub now.

Comment

Furrow, if you have volunteer canola as a weed in canola maybe its time to consider a wee longer rotation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...