• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Municipal Ag land Assessments

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My comment was completely tongue in cheek regarding the backroads home...

Just playing Devil's Advocate.

I've posted before about consolidation and sharing "resources" with poor neighbors. Call me greedy but if I have to get less service because of consolidation, I'm against it. Maybe the ones that are doing Ok should be left alone and the ones that are struggling should consolidate to become a more viable unit, if that indeed would become a reality.

Comment

RM councils are ran debt free with tight budgets.
      It usually is the guys who haul over-weight loads after the road bans are on who bitch the most and are the coffee row experts on who is doing their job wrong. The perpetual whiners usually do very little in the community.
      If you want to listen to neighbours squabble over water, beaver damns and plugged culverts run for council and cash in.....for a few thousand per year.

If you want to have your taxes lowered, the school division or health division money pits should be where to focus your attention. Oddly enough health care and education has gone through amalgamations while costs keep skyrocketing.

Comment

Oliver88

You are right. But in the process of health and education consolidation they moved away from local input.

The locals serve to promote what the high priced people tell them. They like that job.

If that doesn't happen with RMs it might turn out ok but who knows.

I have learned I can't get it done with one load so I take it easy on the roads. Just wish others would too. Or at least move over a foot to help mend the road a little instead of grooving it to bottom out.

Comment

If your talking about Regina, Wiseguy, I agree with charges if is true all that we have heard. Farma, when I say zero it out, we drop the mill rate to match the year before dollar amount and then see if the budget requires an increase. Dropping the mill rate usually drives the administrator crazy because I think they are taught this is the easiest time and way to increase taxes. We are paid around 450 a month in our RM which is lower than some and possibly double of some others. I spend 20 to 40 hours a month on RM business.

Comment

Imagine having the privilege of paying taxes in an RM that you own land in, don't live in, and don't use the roads in. The pitfalls of land ownership....gotta give up a small portion of that rental income windfall.

Comment

In terms of how council meetings used to be, a friend of mine who is same age,55, and who's father was on council, said he was 12 years old before he realized council meetings didn't last 2 days.

Comment

Imagine living in an rm you own land in and being conscientious of the roads only to have some **** head punch them out parading around.

Comment

imagine living in sask and watching these f$&king log trucks haul 83000 kg on a super bee when all other industries including farming can only haul 62000 , all winter long and they f&$ked hwy 23 from one end to the other . these mill owners should be made to pay for this god damn mess

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...