• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much rain this week?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much rain this week?

I am putting out the rain gauges this very hour in anticipation of the big one. We are just half done but wheat is emerging and lentils too plus we could use a break and hot, dry and dusty is scarey, especially after last year. I am hoping for at least an inch and a half but we'll take anything right about now. Meteorologist says we are going into rainy season - think he's right? I predict big thunderstorms tonight with a 1 inch downpour to start us off.

Zero in this area

Comment

I want zero rain now but if it hits please be just a inch. Hit the 1/3 seeding mark last night.

Comment

No rain here PLEASE.
        Seeding is getting close to being enjoyable and rain will ruin that.... Again...

Comment

Half inch in the Biggar area. The band of moisture was from Biggar to Saskatoon. We needed it badly.

Comment

Get out the sum(p)dum(p)guy pump. I'm putting mine back in the box.

Lordy, if yr.no can't be within 200 miles of calling a system two days out, then they are pitching lawn darts.

Sorry, Drew, for visiting that recommended site.

Comment

Where I am here in Southern Alberta we missed the rains again. We have had only two tenths of an inch since the beginning of March. We will be done seeding today. Some of the dryland wont come up without a rain and all of the irrigation has been started to try to water the crop up. Driest it has been here in my lifetime.

Comment

Just started pouring. Was combining beans. Almost got stuck several times, leaving many wet areas, disgusting rain.

Good for the grass, bad for the cropland.

My alfalfa is growing like a dang!

Comment

I'm with you Free, if only it rained where needed. Seeding was JUST getting dry on top, little MUD on packers. Any more than 1/2" and heaven forbid the SNOW Wed night, and we are pushed way back, hope not like 2010, or there will be no more seeding. This rain could repeat every week for a month, and game over for the MUD areas. Sounds like we all get the FROST so seed early and you could seed often. IF FIELDS are doable, about May 20 here would be canola seeding. Hope it`s not WEEKS of COLD FROST WICKED NORTH WINDS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                    Get out the sum(p)dum(p)guy pump. I'm putting mine back in the box.

Lordy, if yr.no can't be within 200 miles of calling a system two days out, then they are pitching lawn darts.

Sorry, Drew, for visiting that recommended site.
                    Don't know anything about Drew but YR.NO were predicting rain for today 12 days ago - and they were right. Not bad for an outfit from the other side of the world... and its free.

Comment

I just seem to get a 7 day forcast.How do you bring up a longer forcast?

Comment

Weather network has 14 day , their farmzone is far more accuate.
                        The Canada Alaska 10 day temp and precip model is ok but does vary day to day.
                        There is a weather loop model for precip but not temps for 10 days . It's edu. Something , I will post it later
                        The Can/Alaska did show this cool air far before any one else

Comment

3/4 inch good grief Charley' brown

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...