• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola prices...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola prices...

This was posted in a different thread by accident was supposed to be a new thread.

$11.25 triggered (yes I had a dam TPA) yesterday and I heard it did at another Co too. I think it will go higher yet. My next strike price might start with a 12.  Do you think that's in he realm of possibilities "Captain Oddball"? Yours truly, Moriarty.  Canola weather market?  Our area is "forecast" for rain at the beginning of next week, but I won't turn blue holding my breath in anticipation.....

The charts say bullish. Outside day higher on Friday. For me and my worthless little charts I would want to see 518N (very close) before I would say 12 bucks to the farm account is in play.

Comment

I think the line companies may be a tad short to fill orders. I think the cupboards are bare and they will fight for the scraps. Its your party Farmaholic.

Comment

Some at $11, some at $11.25, about 175 tonnes left to prices. I hope I don't let greed get the best of me.

Watch, after the first widespread rain in the driest areas the market will take back $20/tonne. Blah, blah, blah....probably worth less than your charts Captain. (At least you can technically analyze them, worth more than my rhetorical drivel)

We haven't seeded any canola yet but if we want to continue seeding we will have to start on canola soon. Some are seeding it knowing it won't all come up and hoping for rain? Who in their right mind would take this risk other than a farmer? A farmer....the true definition of an eternal optimist.

Comment

My 12.00 is another jump away and I sell. Bins are empty and its dry and when they talk big rain next week it usually doesn't happen.

Comment

What Co's and points are hitting? How about Wheat prices that are hitting and where.

Grain Co's aren't advertising what they are willing to pay. PDQ etc only report area average of advertised prices not by Co. or TPA accepted.

Comment

wmoebis, I'm 50 km SE of Regina. So, one of the terminals close to Balgonie and another Co (smaller presence in handling Industry but nice player in crushing Industry) about 65km from me east down the same line?

Is it inappropriate to name names? I'm pretty handy with the stick maybe bouquets should be handed out as well?

Comment

Prices over $11.50 here and nobody is selling. We have seen this dance before, no sloughs, means no spring rain. Means hard frost late May. Exactly like 2002. NO CROP. Need something to sell this summer, so gonna keep old crop for a while.

Comment

Hear claims that some seed sellers will replace seed at no cost if canola gets frozen off (after their own inspection).
                  Sounds like a pretty good deal, especially if grower gets re establishment benefit from crop insurance.

Comment

Hoppy, it would have to emerge first before it could freeze off here.

Comment

Good for them, but I would imagine it would be like winning the lottery or getting Chem companies to admit their chem didn't work and it was their fault.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...